Rug Textile Designer
Balta Home is seeking a passionate textile designer to join our team in our new Atlanta design studio in Americasmart. This person will design area rugs and work closely with the sales team, design counterparts in Belgium, key national accounts, in addition to the growing US design team. This person must be knowledgeable in textile construction and have the ability to render designs within the limitations of the construction.
About the Balta Home Rug Design Team
- Collaborative, cross functional, globally connected
- Full of passion for interior furnishing, rugs, home design, and innovation
- Innovative and focused on the consumer
- Growing with a self-starter mentality
- We're a fast-growing team with an entrepreneurial vibe
- Work with team to identify trends within US home textiles
- Leverage social media – Instagram, Pinterest, Houzz, etc
- Translate customer inputs into functional design direction
- Share and collaborate findings within design teams in US and Belgium
- Develop a strong understanding of key national retailers and their house brands
- Analyze and synthesize trend data into concise findings to drive product development
- Managing the design development process through its entire life cycle, from concept and ideation stages, through design reviews, sample reviews, and product finalization.
- Create designs matching trend research and retailer inputs
- Leverage skills in illustration to design prints across multiple trends
- Adapt to customer feedback
- Communicate clearly with internal partners and large global retailers
- Create trend and product presentations in collaboration with sales counterparts
- Participate in creative design sprints to meet business needs
- Develop strong understanding of mechanical weaving techniques
- Technically prepare designs for weaving
- Adapt primary design into additional size options as needed by the business
- Minimum BFA textiles/fibers degree, or related degree.
- Emphasis on technical textile design
- Strong drawing and/or painting skills.
- Working knowledge of NedGraphics Texcelle and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Pride yourself on attention to detail and can balance priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills.
- A creative eye for pattern and color while also maintaining an understanding of what is commercially viable.
- Willingness to travel domestically and abroad
- Ability to commute daily to Balta Home’s US design studio in downtown Atlanta.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)