The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is one of the world's most respected centers focused on cancer patient care, research, education and prevention. It was named the nation's No. 1 hospital for cancer care in U.S. News & World Report's 2019 rankings. It is one of the nation's original three comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute.
The Research Assistant II provides technical assistance in carrying out various research projects. Impacts laboratory research activities. Constructs, assembles and operates laboratory apparatus and equipment. Records and evaluates data in accordance with methods requested. Studies are specific to cord blood transplantation and novel translational research studies. Position assists with the development of new clinical studies involving ex vivo cord blood expansion techniques, the isolation and characterization of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell subpopulations and the study of these cells in animal models with the goal of studying and improving hematopoietic engraftment.
1. Expertise is primary cell culture with special reference in enriching NK cell population by MACS column
2. Expertise in basic Molecular Biology , transduction and transfection
3. Staining cells with antibodies for multicolor flow cytometry
- Compensating Fortessa flowcytometer for 10+ color panel would be plus.
4. Experience with in vivo tumor model in immunocompromised mice would be a plus.
3. Reads literature and confers with superiors regarding new procedures. Collects and organizes data for project reports.
4. Obtaining peripheral blood, bone marrow and spleen samples from animal models and processing of same for flow cytometric and in vitro assays.
5. Performs general laboratory duties, and reagent preparation as assigned.
6. Capability to adapt in a fast learning environment and to perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences.
Two years experience in scientific or experimental research work. No experience required with preferred degree.
Cell therapy and flow cytometry experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
exempt and eligible for additional compensation for hours worked beyond your usual schedule, paid at a time and a half rate
US Dollar (USD) 36,000
US Dollar (USD) 44,500
Maximum Salary :
US Dollar (USD) 54,000