Braintrust is a user-owned talent network that connects you with great jobs with no fees or membership costs—so you keep 100% of what you earn.
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States only
- RATE: Our client is looking to pay $80,000 – $100,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long term
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
When you join Braintrust, you will be invited to a screening process for Braintrust to learn more about your previous work experiences. Once completed, you will have access to the employer for this role and other top companies that seek high-quality talent. Apply to this job to kick off the process.
Knowledge and Experience
- Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience performing manual testing and automation on websites and building out content in CMS.
- Experience with any CMS software like Sitecore, DNN, Umbraco, Drupal, etc. (Sitecore is highly preferred)
- Analyze requirements (business, functional, technical, and design) to create test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Technical depth to create and run test scripts that cover a wide variety of scenarios such as smoke, functional, regression, integration, usability and performance testing but not limited to these.
- Experience with enterprise tools and CI tools such as, Azure pipelines, Git, Jenkins.
- Working with tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Test Rails to log any bugs and test results.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact across all levels of the organization.
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Computer Systems, Software, IT&T, Systems)
- Undertaking unit, integration & UI automated testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
Our client is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer with previous commercial experience in testing consumer websites, to join their Websites Development team. The Websites Development team is responsible for the client facing marketing websites. You will be working as part of a scrum team, focused on high quality deliverables to meet the business requirements.
§ Experienced with the full cycle of a software project: conception, development, deployment, and the continuous improvement stage.
§ You will take an active role in the entire sprint process from estimation and design to feature rollout and you will work with and pair with other members of the team of all disciplines, BA, developers, Marketing and other QA.
§ You will create and maintain test cases that will be built into automation test when applicable.
§ Work hand in hand with Dev to review requirements, test, and inform marketing.
§ You will be expected to maintain a high level of conduct, ethical standards and values as well as maintain an appropriate level of competence through ongoing training, making requests for updates or development as required
§ Provide a streamlined communication between teams and provide reports in a succinct & complete manner.
§ Be able to determine the larger picture of tasks related to the initial requirement or defects.
§ Write reports for stakeholders to convey the teams progress on given projects/assignments.
§ Perform all aspects of quality assurance during the sprint cycles including test strategies, test case documentation, and test execution.
§ Identify, evaluate and recommend QA process and activities supporting software engineering in an agile, scrum team environment, including Story Pointing, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives.
§ Work with development teams to establish/maintain test environments, including test data and automation framework.
§ Partner with the delivery and support teams to review and understand business requirements, assist with technical implementations, and help to resolve escalated client issues
Braintrust Job ID: 6236
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a remote position.