Mid-Atlantic Division, Pittsburgh,PA
Responsible for the consistent high quality installation and service of residential and commercial cable television, high-speed data, and digital telephone products and services at customer sites, in compliance with company specifications and customer service standards. This position will include duty during non-business hours (nights, weekends and holidays) as necessary.
Summary of essential job functions
- Make field visits to residential and commercial sites to install, service or disconnect cable television, data, and digital telephone products and services. Connect customer equipment to the network and educate the customer on services and equipment being installed.
- Read and interpret service orders, trouble tickets, diagrams and operational/product manuals.
- Provide timely completion of all orders for installation/service and/or proper notification of delays.
- Inspect cable television, data, and digital telephone wiring and systems to detect transmission defects. Use test equipment to analyze and isolate service problems and make repairs. Identify defective customer equipment and ensure a timely return to the warehouse for processing.
- Track hours and materials used and perform data entry on PDA decices. Maintain accurate and complete inventories of all company-issued equipment and tools.
- Communicate with dispatch and supervisor on status and completion of daily work orders, including check-out on completion of daily work.
- Maintain superior levels of productivity, customer service and compliance with company quality and safety policies. Demonstrate product knowledge.
- Regular, punctual and consistent attendance. May be required to perform additional work hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as requested by Regional Manager, Technical Operations Manager or Supervisor.
- High School Diploma required.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record required.
- Must be able to pass a nationwide background check and drug screening.
- Experience in cable television, data, and digital telephone products and services a plus.
- Interact with coworkers and customers in a positive manner, follow directions and work rules and accept constructive feedback. Communicate often with dispatch and supervisors on status of daily work.
- Perform mathematical calculations to meet signal level standards at customer premise.
- Problem-solving skills and able to think “on-your-feet.”
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Able to work outdoors in various weather conditions and at any time day or night. Comfortable with working outside and in customer homes or businesses.
- Carry and properly utilize extension ladders up to and including 32ft.
- Ability to climb and work in high places (such as rooftops, utility poles and ladders) and in tight spaces (such as attics and crawl spaces).
- Lift and carry up to 60 pounds throughout the day.
- 100% travel within assigned territory