Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Engineer A-Automation Support opportunity for our customer in
Aiken, SC to support the Savannah River Site.
Duration – Three Years, No Options
Clearance required – No
US citizenship required – Yes
Exempt or Non-Exempt – Exempt
Closing date – 06/03/2020
Sr. Engineer A-Automation Support
Provide administrative oversight for the Engineering Enterprise (EE) Applications and their associated production, training, acceptance and development environments according to the established site policies and procedures and at the direction of the EE Application Owners, EE Application Design Authorities, or EE Application Design
Agencies. Interaction with EE application users to identify, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve problems with the application or server and if necessary, coordinate with the other information Services and Engineering organizations to implement the solution or resolve problems. EE Applications include but are not limited to Smart3D, MicroStation a
Bentley Product including Bentley Enterprise suite of engineering tools.
Services shall be provided using SRNS processes and procedures. Programmatic guidance will be provided by SRNS.
Most of the work will be performed using the MOX Documentum document control system and associated databases.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering and 7 years’ experience or MS degree in Science or Engineering and 5 years’ experience.
Candidate shall demonstrate the following experience/skills:
- Proficiency with C+ programming language.
- Working knowledge of stored procedures (PLSQL), .NET framework, Oracle and ODBC connectivity and Microsoft
Office apps preferred.
- Experience in administration of an enterprise application using Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Web engines such as Internet Information Services (IIS), Apache or Tomcat, SQL Server, Oracle 12, Smart3D, MicroStation and Bentley
Enterprise suite of Engineering Tools is preferred.
- Other tasks assigned based on skill set and may be independent of the EEA development and administration work scope.
- Compliance with departmental policies and processes and for performing all duties and activities in a safe and ethical manner.
- Ability to define scope of technical programs and development of an effective and efficient solution to challenges which involve unique or controversial problems. Routine use of systems and meeting all the requirements with little supervisory guidance.
- Ability to incorporate conventional engineering or scientific practices and a variety of complex features such as complicated technical requirements, application of new or special materials and processes and difficult coordination or oversight requirements into problem solving and program planning where only general objectives are stated.
- Ability to coordinate various phases of activities and perform development work in assigned field.
- Ability to define specific problems based on general problem information from management and customers. Plan technical effort and coordinate activities with those of other divisions, departments and sections in focus areas to solve problems.
- Ability to ensure compliance with technical requirements of assigned work, proper utilization and training of personnel operating under technical guidance and compliance with approved schedules and staffing estimates.
- Ability to ensure appropriate technical performance of the end product developed and designed to resolve the original problem.
- Ability to determine scheduling and staffing requirements for assigned tasks in collaboration with management with demonstrated cost consciousness through timely completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Ability to communicate results and objectives verbally and in manuscript form to customers, colleagues and management.
Work Hours: A 40-hour work week is scheduled. SRNS utilizes various work schedules; including 5/8’s (8 hours/day;five days per week), 4/10’s (10 hours/day; 4 days per week), and 9/80’s (9 hours/day; 5 days on week A and 4 days on week B). Workweek excludes SRNS holidays. Each workday has a 30-minute unpaid lunch.
Area Security Access: No security clearance is required.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the applications steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net/careers.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details, Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401 (k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $48.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off