Catabasis is seeking a Director/Sr Director, Patient Advocacy to build upon Catabasis’ overarching global patient advocacy and patient community strategy. Leading the Patient Advocacy function, you will be responsible for developing a comprehensive and transformational engagement plan including defining, standardizing and executing best practices for patient advocacy and patient community engagement across the continuum of drug discovery and commercialization. Develop meaningful relationship engagements with global patient advocacy and professional organizations, remain abreast of new developments that have an impact on the function, and define and deliver on clear metrics to measure advocacy efforts. This is a key role in partnering with the patient advocacy and patient community in sharing Catabasis’ patient-centric philosophy and mission to bring hope and life-changing therapies to patients and their families.
- Contribute to the development of the overarching global strategic plan and holistic company philosophy around patient advocacy engagement and collaboration
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to define the current and build the pre-commercialization and commercialization advocacy strategy
- Assess landscape and capabilities of patient advocacy and professional societies and prioritize collaborations accordingly based upon capabilities and alignment
- Create and maintain therapeutic area tailored advocacy strategies and operational engagement that may include but are not limited to educational programs, disease awareness initiatives, advisory boards, patient speaker engagement, clinical trial awareness, and policy improvements
- Support the development and deployment of strategic advocacy campaigns within assigned therapeutic areas
- Represent Catabasis at global patient advocacy events and present our edasalonexent and pipeline programs
- Ensure that strategic plans with external stakeholders align with overarching corporate goals
- Responsible for leading relationship development with key advocacy and professional societies to ensure productive ongoing partnerships based on shared patient-focused objectives
- Ensure relationships are proactive, strategic and sustaining
- Drive presence at relevant advocacy organization events and meetings. Share key learnings with relevant internal stakeholders.
Cross Functional Collaboration/Alignment
- Bring experience to contribute as a high performing team member to help build the company’s new patient and professional advocacy relations function including assisting with departmental strategy development, planning, budgeting and portal development.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and communicate accordingly. Ensure cross-functional collaboration with medical, brand, market access, government affairs, health policy and other key stakeholders to optimally manage relationships to ensure alignment and effective execution of patient advocacy strategy.
- Leverage patient insights learned from the patient community and serve as internal consultant to champion and further incorporate patient perspectives into all appropriate initiatives, including disease education programs, clinical trial design, research collaborations and patient services.
- Act as the organization’s ambassador for the patient perspective. Further enhance the patient-centric mindset at Catabasis and identify opportunities for organization members to learn more about patient and family experiences and perspectives.
- Manage budget and direct advocacy-related requests for funding (charitable donations, sponsorships, fundraiser and disease awareness events), providing recommendations to the review committee
- Ensure all advocacy funding requests are reviewed according to compliance policies
- Effectively manage patient advocacy budget and track financial support
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Strong track record of building successful relationships between healthcare corporations and patient advocacy organizations
- Undergraduate degree required
- 8+ years of "progressive" industry/relevant professional experience; 4+ years of patient advocacy experience.
- Understanding of relevant regulations and guidelines such as FDA, EMA, Pharma, GDPR, etc.
- Proven ability to demonstrate leadership skills and a track record of developing communications and advocacy strategies and campaigns
- Ability to serve as company ambassador with external stakeholders
- A self-starter with a high energy level and a passion for working with the patient advocacy community. Ability to work in a fast-moving, dynamic, small-company environment
- Ability to anticipate and effectively resolve conflict, mitigate risks and forge consensus among diverse parties
- Strong team player able to prioritize efforts and manage internal and external stakeholder expectations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong leadership skills, self-motivated, and a team-player
- Travel: 40%+ (domestic and international with weekend involvement).
Job Type: Full-time