Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Perform functions for the Operations & Strategy Department that will align business goals with the necessary technology for the organization. Act as project manager, technology consultant and thought leader to ensure proper training, execution and rollout of the designed software and processes. Create and organize ROI analysis for new automation software implementation. Overall management and ownership of projects and support of the technology from an operational perspective.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, create, and coordinate the of implementation activities through very detailed project plans
- Execute day-to-day project management activities for initiatives and software based solution rollout
- Develop end user training materials and drive successful execution of communication and training plan
- Collaborate with management to scope projects and manage work plans to ensure successful implementation
- Prepare regular communication status updates and presentation materials for senior management and staff on all aspects of the project; including timelines, accomplishments, key risks and issues
- Design and create web/software-based solutions based on client and business needs
- Coordinate and manage logistics around scheduling of vendor, client & project team meetings
- Drive coordination of requirements between the business and IT to ensure alignment to business needs
- Participate in managing key software product roadmaps including prioritization of feature enhancements
- Maintain key strategic relationships with software vendor to support and enhance product
- Align the regional business goals to the necessary technology automation applications.
- Identify requirements and coordinate testing, productions, scheduling and other actions between technical and operational units. Assist in reviewing and analysis of problems to determine solutions or enhance system performance.
- Consult with appropriate operations and applications staff to identify needs for reports or other production requirements; provides assistance in identifying available services and providing coordination between users and information technology staff.
- Convert requirements into functional specifications.
- Create ROI analysis for new software implementations
- Review, analyze, evaluate, and upgrade applications tools, including improvements to usability and optimization.
- Optimize information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Promote of shared applications to reduce costs and improve information flows.
- Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Provide training and assistance to users on various types of software and hardware, coordinates support from technical staff when problems require additional analysis or assistance.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree required; Business or IT preferred
- 2+ years of program/project management experience, Six Sigma or PMP designation preferred
- 2+ years of process improvement experience in a transformational organization or fast changing industry
- Web design knowledge and experience preferred
- Strong communication and change management skills
- MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio and Project Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Process oriented mindset focused on streamlining and simplification
- Experience in structured problem solving, process improvement and project management
- Can navigate through ambiguity and solve complex problems with limited facts
- Superior written and oral skills. Good listener. Articulates complex issues in simple terms
- Facilitates coordination and cooperation among large teams that are geographically dispersed
- Firm understanding of systems development lifecycle
- Proven problem solving, analytical, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Strong communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate across operations/business/systems organizations
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven documentation and analytical skills for gathering business requirements, functional specifications, and test plans
- Problem solving skills in terms of understanding client objectives and developing effective and appropriate solutions to meet those objectives. to develop creative solutions to meet business needs
- Understanding of standard web frameworks and languages a plus
- Knowledge of standard web service development frameworks and methodologies a plus
Tools & Equipment Used
Computer and peripherals, standard and customized software applications and tools, and usual office equipment.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
- Standing or sitting in commercial office setting
- Extensive use of computers, phone and use of keyboard
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
- Occasional travel required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $40.00 - $85.00 per hour
- United States (Preferred)