According to established proce¬dures, performs repetitive cleaning tasks in order to maintain assigned Hospital area in an orderly and sanitary condi¬tion. In doing so, moves furniture, equipment and supplies in and around Hospital departments, and performs a variety of heavy and light housekeeping duties. Utilizes Seven-Step cleaning, dry and wet mops floors, strips and buffs floors, shampoos carpets and removes stains from floors, walls, furni¬ture, and the like.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Receives cleaning assignments, requests cleaning materi¬als and supplies such as mops, buckets, electric buffer, vacuum cleaner, rags, disinfec¬tants, and the like from designated areas. Mixes cleaning solu¬tions, loads service cart and transports same to work areas.
2. Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings, tile, fixtures and equipment with germicidal cleaning solutions. Scours and polishes sinks, tubs, toilets, mirrors, and the like.
3. Upon dismiss¬al of patients, strips, cleans and makes beds with fresh linens, cleans other furni¬ture and disposes of refuse by emptying wastebaskets. Restocks supplies of soap, tissues, towels, and other disposable items.
4. Sweeps and mops limited floor areas such as patient rooms and Hospital offices. Vacuums carpets using light vacuum, spot cleans carpets using appropriate solutions and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly manner after cleaning assigned areas. Dry and wet mops large areas of floors, and operates buffing equipment.
5. Cleans and performs routine maintenance on sanitation equipment and notifies supervisor of equipment needing further repair.
6. Visually inspects area upon completion of cleaning to ensure appropriate levels of cleanliness and neatness have been achieved.
7. Returns unused supplies to utility room, cleans carts and equipment and ensures items are stored in an orderly manner.
8. Performs heavy duty cleaning of floors and carpets. In doing so, removes soil and finish of floors by using mechanical stripping equipment and shampoos carpeted floors by operating mechanical shampooing equipment.
9. Washes, scrubs and disinfects walls, windows and doors and, when necessary, determines method of removing stains using a variety of cleaning equipment and supplies.
10. Gathers refuse from various Hospital locations and trans¬ports same in hand pushed cart to compactor or holding area. Following established sanitation procedures segre¬gates bagged refuse and loads into compactor or holding area.
11. Moves furniture and equipment (such as mattresses, beds, and cribs) by use of handcarts or dollies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions and six to twelve months of previous work related experience plus three months or less of on-the-job training and orientation.
2. No certification, registration, or licensure required.
3. Work requires the analytical ability to read and understand instructions, add and subtract numbers, and make comparisons between numbers and letters.
4. Work requires the ability to understand and respond to simple written or verbal instructions. Occasionally requires contact with patients and/or visitors, which involves ordinary courtesy.
1. Requires working with equipment or performing procedures where carelessness would probably result in minor cuts, bruises or muscle pulls.
1. Reports to the Building Services Supervisor.
2. Has no responsibility for leading or supervising the work of other employees.