Project Genesis, Inc. seeks Mentors in Eastern Connecticut to work 1:1 with students in community settings in Coventry, Hartford, Manchester, Middletown, Tolland and Windsor.
At Project Genesis, we believe everyone has the right to a full range of life experiences. And we know that each person who desires to live and work in their community can be successful, regardless of the obstacles they face.
We serve individuals throughout Connecticut with:
· intellectual or emotional disabilities
· autism spectrum disorder
· mental illness and more
We make a difference, one person at a time, by tailoring our supports to meet each consumer’s unique needs and ambitions.
We build a more diverse and inclusive community, together, with our fellow providers, advocates, and employers.
Mentors in our Special Education Support Services Program work 1:1 with students in community settings. Experience in human services, coaching or education required. Knowledge of mental health related issues, behavior management and transition skills including job coaching, functional academics, and daily living skills helpful. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to work independently and in community settings. Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, ability to obtain an Endorsement A license upon hire and be willing to travel within a 30 miles radius.
Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem Schedules Available during Weekday Day hours.
· Be at least 18 years of age
· High School Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Reliable transportation, good driving record, valid driver's license and proof of insurance
· Ability to obtain an Endorsement A license upon hire
· Experience in human services, education in disabilities, and/or education required.
Ref SESS101 on Subject Line, EOE/AA
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $13.00 - $18.00 per hour
- human services, education in disabilities, and/or: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19