BCS is seeking a Part Time Intern with strong organizational, research, analytical, and writing skills to support a variety of tasks. This position is ideally suited for a student currently involved in a graduate school program who is looking for part-time employment in a field in which there are nearly unlimited growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will be working directly with BCS senior management on multiple work assignments and should be eager to learn and grow in this role. In addition, the successful candidate will: maintain a professional attitude; pay keen attention to detail; organize and prioritize tasks effectively; be energetic; and be able to provide quick-turnaround support. The candidate must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
As a member of the BCS team, the intern will, in addition to providing support to BCS senior management, will also provide periodic support on BCS public and or private sector engagements. Example responsibilities include:
- Research and Data Collection on Federal Contracts– Assisting with business development research and writing activities by using federal government websites and subscription-based systems, to collect data on perspective contract opportunities suitable for BCS. Once collected, the information will be compiled, in usable formats, to help inform the decisions of the BCS management team.
- Meeting Support – Providing as-needed support for BCS client meetings and workshops. These support activities will include, but not be limited to, registration tracking, meeting set-up, on-site meeting support, note taking, and meeting summary development. Topics will include areas such as advanced energy technologies, sustainability, and energy security. This support is an excellent opportunity to learn about issues of national importance and to develop an understanding of the government-industry interface regarding multiple areas of our nation’s economy and critical infrastructure.
- Topical Research and Data Management Support – The BCS Intern may be required to work on various research assignments collecting data and information on a variety of topics. The intern must use strong organizational skills to manage and present information. Data entry may be required to enter data and other information into BCS or client systems.
- Web and New Media –Support BCS web and social media sites by helping to update, create, and edit content; and consult on redesign efforts. Prepare and distribute e-blasts.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience in federal contracting or working with a federal agency is a plus
- Strong writing and presentation development skills required
- Ability to convey technical and complex concepts for a variety of audiences
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Position