This position will design a solution to take a Peoplesoft SQL Server database in one location and replicate it (all 30K tables) to a PeopleSoft Oracle database in another location plus replicate the tables BACK from one location to the other for fail back protection.
- Review PeopleSoft Finance 8.9 Production - Architect the process of how to get the bulk data migrated, considering the size, complexity, cutover downtime, network latency, and the nature of Peoplesoft.
- Teach/Show how to build the scripts and get the bulk data migrated from the source to destination.
- Design/Build the method to sync up data from source/target real-time by capturing the change thru transactional logs.
- Run thru one complete exercise of both methods (simulating cut-over time) to see the setup, script execution, data flow, review and error correction.
- Discussion of potential errors that may come up in the future.
- Discussion of items that may need to be changed for Target as RAC databases.
- Documentation of the process.