- Basic Computer Skills
- FINRA License
- Microsoft Office
- Customer Relationship Management
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Develop and maintain a portfolio of important revenue generating client relationships within the defined affluent market segment, based upon objective and sound personal financial planning and financial advisory concepts. Provide integrated delivery of a broad range of retail products and services including financial planning, asset management, personal trust and estate planning, insurance and risk management services, retail and mortgage credit, and general retail banking services. Serve affluent clients, including upper-tier affluent clients ($5-10 million).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. As primary point of contact, integration and responsibility for affluent clients, sell, deliver and provide ongoing service for a broad range of fee income and retail banking products and services appropriate to affluent clients. Deliver a level of personalized, attentive service that clients deem outstanding.
2. Establish and periodically update understanding of client financial needs and conditions based upon sound profiling and personal financial planning analysis. Actively monitor directly assigned investment accounts for adherence to investment and asset allocation objectives and policies.
3. Meet revenue growth, profitability and retention goals by developing new clients and expanding services and marketing new products to existing clients. Successfully participate in the BB&T Decathlon sales management process.
4. Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various product and service specialists (Integrated Relationship Management partners) who are designated to support client service and development efforts. Ensure an integrated and seamless approach to developing, servicing and enhancing client portfolio.
5. Establish and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships with centers of influence such as internal regional partners (e.g. Business Services Officer (BSOs)), Corporate Bankers, local advisory board members), and external partners such as Certified Public Accountant (CPAs), attorneys, civic associations and other individuals and organizations that will enhance business development efforts.
6. Keep abreast of changing economic, legal, financial planning, investment trends and general market and business issues impacting affluent clients. Serve as a personal financial planning/advisory resource for clients, attorneys and CPAs.
7. Work within existing audit, compliance and regulatory framework to ensure a high-quality, compliant portfolio of client relationships.
8. Provide mentoring to less experienced BB&T Wealth staff in support of establishing an extraordinarily high level of professionalism, client service and responsiveness.
9. Participate in the ongoing implementation and development of the BB&T Wealth program.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in personal financial planning, investment management, business accounting, finance or banking or equivalent education and related training
2. Five years of progressively responsible banking, investment and personal financial planning/advisory related experience with experience in affluent client relationship management and business development with complex and significant client cases
3. A sound working knowledge of a broad range of personal financial planning/advisory and investment management/asset allocation concepts and understanding of retail credit and traditional retail bank products for the affluent market
4. Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills
5. Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
6. Industry applicable licenses such as Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 7 and 63 ,65 or 66
7. Must be SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act compliant within 30 days of employment in this role, including new or transfer of registration, and applicable NMLS acceptable background check
8. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office software products
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Completion or enrollment in professional level certification programs such as Certified Financial Planner