Software Developer (JoinOCI-ObjectStore)-19001C9W
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage service is an internet-scale, high-performance storage platform that offers reliable and cost-efficient data durability. We enable our customers to store an unlimited amount of unstructured data of any content type, including analytic data and rich content, like images and videos. Our customers can safely and securely store or retrieve data directly from the internet or from within the cloud platform. The elasticity of the platform lets you start small and scale seamlessly, without experiencing any degradation in performance or service reliability.
We are currently looking for software development engineers to lead innovation and help us build the next generation of highly scalable systems. Cloud computing represents a fundamental shift in how businesses think about managing their information needs. While Object Storage has seen large growth over the past five years, we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential. We seek smart, passionate and visionary people to help us define this exciting new technology.
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying globally distributed multi-tier services that delight our customers.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting performance problems, networking, OS resources.
- Interacting with key team stakeholders across Oracle.
- Improving our software development tools and practices to maximize team potential.
- Having fun as a member of our great team culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language.
- Experience building scalable systems with service-oriented architectures.
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object-oriented analysis &, patterns and algorithms.
- Experience with telemetry, optimization, and/or machine learning.
- Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus.
- Passion for software innovation.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.