The Urban League of Greater Cleveland is accepting applications for the position of Cleveland Regional Minority Business Assistance Center (MBAC) Director. The Cleveland Regional MBAC Director is responsible for coordinating activities within the region that accomplish the purposes of the MBAC grant agreement. Responsibilities also include defining, developing and implementing required projects; arranging and scheduling as needed programs and events; developing appropriate advertising, promotion, and marketing materials; originating and conducting meetings with community leaders, state and local officials, and for the overall provision and direction of professional services for small business counseling and management training to individuals, communities; public agencies and organizations.
The Center Director shall work in collaboration with the MBAC sub centers and report to the host agency, Urban League of Greater Cleveland (ULGC). Duties include the following:
- Provide leadership to the MBAC Cleveland Region (Cuyahoga, Erie, Geauga, Huron, Lake, Lorain, Medina and Portage Counties) in developing and implementing a strategic plan consistent with the goals and strategies of the state’s MBAC program.
- Within six (6) months after the initial month of hire, the Center Director is required to complete the Certified Business Advisor® Program.
- Submit quarterly and annual reports.
- Attend regional and state conferences.
- Provide and facilitate free, in-depth individual business analysis and referral of clients to appropriate resources as required.
- Encourage and coordinate the strengthening of relations between the MBAC, Ohio Development Services Agency (DSA), Cuyahoga Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) and local Chambers of Commerce, banks, trade groups and educational institutions, and host agency, Urban League of Greater Cleveland.
- Develop curriculum and make presentations for management training programs and seminars.
- Supervise business analyst and other support staff at the host center and manage center's budget and activities.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and measure the impact of services provided.
- Coordinate small business activities with local, state, and federal agencies. Identify and work with other private and public entities providing volunteer/free-consulting services.
- Ensure timely and accurate counseling data input for the local sales force.
- Supervise maintenance of client control records and data.
- Support area, state and federal research projects concerning small businesses and disseminate results to the various constituents served.
- Promote the MBAC Program and serve as advocate of small business, making written and oral presentations to communities and various stakeholder groups.
- Develop internal and external resources to accomplish program objectives.
- Encourage businesses and subject matter experts to provide volunteer consulting services and/or training.
- Develop and provide specific information, reports and/or special services as requested or required by the MBAC Program Manager and the Chief of Minority Business Development Division, DSA.
- From an MBAC culture perspective, the Center Director should work in collaboration with the sub centers to model effective business practices.
And other requirements as detailed in the Request for Proposal.
Cleveland Regional Minority Business Assistance Center Director
B.A., B.S. required or Masters Degree preferred in Business Administration or Public Administration or related field. A minimum of seven years’ experience in either business ownership and operations and/or equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the acquisition, required knowledge, skills, and abilities may meet the education requirements. Extensive knowledge of business management, fiscal planning and accountability, employee training and development, strategic planning, office management and other support functions are required. The Center Director must also meet the requirements of the Business Advisor position as well as the following:
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple projects.
- Supervise personnel with diverse skills /experience levels.
- Develop and manage resources to support MBAC program.
- Strong analytical abilities, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to relate well with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Capability of working effectively with academic and business community, private and governmental sectors, and institutes of higher learning.
- Demonstrated marketing and sales success.
- Demonstrated history of economic development mission accomplishment and leadership.
- Demonstrated successful grant and sub-grant management and reporting history, which may include successful completion of A-133 or DAS audits.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a leadership role in the strategic management of a partnership/consortium.
- Demonstrated ability to provide open communication to all partners for the distribution and gathering of information.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute hiring practices to meet the required staffing patterns to ensure the needs of the business community being served are met.
- Ability to travel and attend all required meetings from the State Lead Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
And other requirements as detailed in the Request for Proposal .
Submit Resume and Cover Letter To:
Urban League of Greater Cleveland
2930 Prospect Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
Attn: Strategic Business Consultant
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, April 24, 2018
NO TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Job Type: Full-time
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in either business owne: 7 years
Required work authorization: