The Plant Finance Administration Manager (FAM) will
support the Operations Team at the plant level by
providing P&L support, management and financial thought
leadership to the facility and Plant leadership team.
This position will be responsible for supporting the
accounting group with month end financial closing
duties, as well as all budgeting, forecasting, and
costing activities for the facility. The position will
be highly visible and should yield exciting
opportunities for growth.
- Management of the Plant P&L, providing insight and
analysis of drivers of performance;
- Support month-end close activities;
- Review all month-end, quarter-end close accruals,
journal entries, P&L reconciliations;
- Responsible for all Plant audit support and
- Diagnose and report weekly and monthly material
yield and loss, volume, labor and expenses;
- Assist the Plant leadership team with development
and tracking of KPI’s for assessing functional
performance and areas of opportunity for further
- Develop data-driven, fact-based information to
support decisions enabling productivity measures to
reduce overall cost
- Periodic review of standard operating procedures
(SOP’s) to ensure accuracy.
- Perform periodic compliance testing to ensure
internal/external controls are in place, report and
deviations and corrective actions to ensure
- Ensures compliance with all Saputo Corporate
policies and procedures.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager
requiring planning, evaluating, organizing,
integrating, and controlling.
- Has supervisory and leadership responsibility
involving effective performance management, employee
relations, mentoring, training and developing
subordinates, promotions, salary increases,
terminations and employee corrective actions.
- Actively applies the Saputo Values and complies with
the Saputo Code of Ethics.
- Provide financial justification and post-audits for
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or another
quantitative/technical discipline is required.
5+ years professional experience, preferably in the
food/dairy manufacturing industry, milk accounting a
Strong attention to detail, superior analytical
capability, and excellent verbal and written
communications a must.
- Must be a strong executor who has the ability to
assist with strategy development at all levels of
the organization to drive business performance.
Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
Ability to adapt to changing organizational and
operational needs; ability to lead people through
Ability to work collaboratively with all
departments, management levels within the company,
and external stakeholders.
Ability to successfully influence peers and senior
Ability to recruit, hire, develop, coach, and mentor
talent for current and future needs.
Ability to recognize opportunities to simplify
processes and create efficiencies.
Experience in a manufacturing environment, with an
emphasis on Finance/Accounting.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office programs, with
advanced MS Excel skillset.
- Must possess strong prioritization skills;
flexibility and ability to multi-task on a daily
- Knowledge of SAP, JD Edwards and BPCS ERP systems.
- Ability to function within a multi-system