NORTH CAROLINA BAR ASSOCIATION
Administrative Assistant in our CLE (Continuing Legal Education) Department
Provide administrative and logistical support to the Distance Learning Manager in CLE (Continued Legal Education).
Bachelor’s degree (communications or related area preferred). Exceptional communications/interpersonal skills and an extremely positive attitude. Must be extremely detail-oriented, adaptable to different working environments, able to made quick decisions and be flexible with sudden change. Must be very efficient with technology and must be a very quick learner.
- At least 2 or more years of proven administrative experience in an office environment
- Customer service training and experience
- History of troubleshooting customer or member issues within an organization or association
- Coordinating events using an organizational business system or association management system utilizing event, fundraising, and communication/marketing modules
- Project management, volunteer coordination, and office management experience is a bonus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work across business systems including association management systems (NetForum Enterprise experience is a bonus)
- Extremely good multitasker
- Able to respond to multiple forms of communications (including phone, email, text and chat services) in a timely manner
- Understanding of the legal profession is a bonus
- Ability to take direction specifically and also work autonomously at times
- Must be comfortable with basic budgeting, and be able to reconcile invoices
Reports To: CLE Distance Learning Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full Time / Non-Exempt
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparing manuscripts (program materials) for electronic distribution and printing, including the creation and insertion of appropriate administrative matters, table of contents, title pages and pagination. Upload manuscript files into program materials website. Manage changes in electronic manuscript materials as necessary
- Assist with onsite and offsite program registration as needed
- Regularly communicate with CLE speakers and planners to ensure program volunteers deliver materials on schedule, submit N.C. State Bar forms, send “thank you” letters, and other program-related correspondence (index, photograph, copyright, etc. forms) in accordance with an established system
- Process print orders for all “in-house” printing for live programs
- Assist with telephone calls and respond to telephone inquiries
- Conduct post-program “wrap-up” including finalization of program manuscript
- Track documents associated with applicable CLE programs
- Provide logistical support for CLE in the Bar Center including, but not limited to, setting up meeting rooms and arranging for lunches and refreshments for CLE programs and committee meetingsPrepare and manage the collection of speaker bios
- Manage attendance rosters for off-site video replays, and ensure that all attendees have paid, are properly registered, and will receive credit from the State Bar
- Reconcile video replay invoices from 3rd party contractors to ensure accuracy in billing
- Calendar all Distance Learning programs as needed
- Register planners and speakers for applicable CLE programs
- Update program materials for all upcoming Distance Learning programs
- Proof bulletins and brochures for grammar and inaccuracies
- Serve as a back-up to the receptionist when necessary
- Work as a team player with support staff within the CLE Department and all departments within the NCBA and NC Bar Foundation (NCBF)
- Other duties as assigned
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, telephones, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to touch, handle, or feel; and see, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, couch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Travel may be required, using the employee’s personal vehicle (subject to authorized reimbursement) or use of an NCBA vehicle (if available).
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time