Interested in contributing to a healthier environment? Bulk water means fewer plastic bottles in our landfills. Be part of a team that brings clean, fresh, filtered water to customers in natural and organic grocery stores. We provide ‘fill your own bottle’ onsite filtered water.
As an Independent Contractor – Field Technician, your role in the team effort is to ensure the cleanliness of the dispensing cabinet and the freshness of the water by cleaning the sink, sanitizing nozzles, sample testing the water, reading pressure gauges, collecting data, and electronically submitting the data to our home office every 10 days.
This is a very part-time position, taking only one hour of time each service.
Simply stop by the store once every 10 days, provide the contracted service, and submit your data. Contractors are paid every other week. Training is provided, as well as ongoing 24/7 tech support. We are here to help you succeed.
We are located in a local health food store in Portland, ME, near Somerset St and Pearl St.
The ideal candidate is health minded, detail oriented, and who is a self-starter with the desire to provide excellent service, friendly and knowledgeable customer service, and great team building with store management.
· Must be professional, detail oriented, have good time management skills, and able to work independently and responsibly
· Must be able to bend or squat, and may be required to climb stairs or ladder
· Must be fluent in English
· Must have Smartphone and Email
- cleaning the dispensing cabinet sink
- wiping or dusting the water dispensing cabinet
- sterilizing the nozzles and handles
- taking water sample tests
- reading and recording meters and pressure gauges
- managing maintenance and test tasks
- electronically reporting collected data
- timely reporting of data and maintenance issues
- customer support during field visits
- building positive relationships with customers and store management
- utilizing good customer service communication skills
- periodic additional services, such as; secret shopping our water, taking photos of our equipment, replacing signage, reporting inventory, etc.
- light mechanical skills helpful, but not necessary
1099 Independent Contractor position
$25 per service; one store/one service approximately every 10 days; each service takes approximately one hour
· Interviews will be conducted via 'ZOOM' (similar to SKYPE) (free ZOOM download)
· Background Check will be performed
· Flexible Schedule: daytime, evenings or weekends are fine
· Supplemental Income, Very Part-Time (3 hours monthly)
Please respond with work history or resume.
Please include a brief cover letter as to why you are interested in this service contract
Must be 18 years or older to apply
Save the Bottle, Save the Environment, Save the Planet
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $25.00 per hour
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly