ENSCO, Inc.’s is seeking a team-oriented Applied Statistician with an understanding of environmental sampling and laboratory assays who will be responsible for performing statistical services for a highly valued US Government customer. The selected candidate will:
Assist in the creation, execution, and analyses of laboratory experiments or tests to assess the performance of laboratory analytical systems relative to mission requirements, characterize calibration/reference materials, and/or diagnose quality-control problems
- Work with Government/Military personnel and laboratory personnel to develop and write quality assurance test plans for routine and non-routine laboratory testing
- Review, analyze, and summarize test data and prepare technical test reports following test completion.
- Summarize results and findings in presentations to technical working group meetings
- Develop or adapt analytics scripts (in R, SAS, or other suitable application) to accomplish data analyses efficiently and reproducibly
ENSCO's National Security Solutions (NSS) Division provides innovative customized products and services vital to national safety and security. A primary focus area is the analysis of environmental data in support of nuclear treaty verification programs conducted by the US Government.
Qualifications Required (Skills) •Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; minimum 5 years' relevant experience in physical sciences, applied mathematics, or statistics
- Experience to include a minimum of 3 years’ experience analyzing data from scientific applications
- Some formal Statistical Training Understanding of scientific principles behind sampling and laboratory measurement
- Proficiency with programming using statistical scripting languages such as R, SAS, Python, or equivalent
- Active SECRET security clearance and ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE for which you must be a U.S. Citizen. If you do not meet this requirement you will not be considered.
Qualifications Desired •Master’s degree in physical sciences with graduate level coursework in applied statistics
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience applying statistical methods such as control charts, time series, linear regression, or analysis of variance.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
General Education/Years of Experience BS or equiv; min 5 yrs related exp
U.S. Citizenship Yes
Security Clearance Level Secret
Drug Screen Type None
Export Control and Licensing None
Background Check Type 7 year
Division Description The National Security Solutions (NSS) Division provides security solutions for the United States government. NSS employees offer a multi-disciplinary approach to solve some of the most challenging technical problems in complex operational environments. Our areas of expertise are in sensor development and integration; chemical, biological and geophysical phenomenology; software applications and modeling; and operational applications of technology.
Key customers include the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Defense, and the Intelligence Community.
Strength in Diversity ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.