YOUR NEXT OPPORTUNITY IS NOW BOARDING:
Join OTG as a Terminal Director now, and drive a new type of hospitality experience at IAH - Bush Intercontinental Airport.
WHAT IS OTG?
OTG has revolutionized the hospitality industry by pushing the boundaries of excellence. With more than 300 in-terminal dining and retail locations across 10 airports, OTG and its 5,000+ Crewmembers serve millions of travelers each year.
By joining our team, you’ll discover endless opportunities to explore, learn and realize your greatest potential in some of the most exciting hospitality environments around. And because our people drive our experiences, we offer some of the best compensation and benefits in the industry.
We transform airport experiences. You drive it.
As the Terminal Director, you will play a critical role for a company transforming the airport experience. At OTG, we view travel as a lifestyle, and our mission is to treat the airport itself as a destination. By combining great food, world-class beverage programs, cutting edge design and state-of-the-art technology, OTG is delivering a traveler's oasis, a place within the airport where the pressures of the day soon recede. This role serves as the General Manager for the full OTG experience.
The Terminal Director is a senior member of the OTG Management team, and is ultimately responsible for OTG operations within a designated airport terminal including, but not limited to, bringing the OTG culture to life through all touchpoints, running great restaurant and market operations, ensuring pristine facilities, compliance with airport, safety sanitation and statutory regulations, the hiring, training, evaluation, and growth of the best crew member talent. The Director serves as the OTG point of contact for the Airport Management Authority.
The Director is accountable for driving business results in support of operational goals, for ensuring budgetary goals, for initiating and leading operational changes, and for assisting Team Leader/General Managers in implementing changes that bring positive results. The Terminal Director is ultimately responsible for ensuring a positive experience for OTG guests and crewmembers.
- Set the vision and goals for the terminal inspire all crewmembers, salaried and hourly to be “all-in” in the delivery of these goals - Implement strategies which drive budgetary goals, for initiating and leading operational changes, and assist General Managers in implementing changes and results - Ensure all crewmembers have the necessary information, tools and resources to deliver a great guest experience. - Serve as a point of contact the traveling public, resolving issues as needed - Cultivate and strengthen relationships with Airport Leadership including the airlines, management companies, and other governmental or regulatory agencies - Accountable for driving business results in support of operational goals - Responsible for ensuring professional development and performance management of all salaried crewmembers - Develop oneself to take full responsibility for an airport terminal when training and success has been completed - Provide a workplace free from hazards, following all safety policies set forth by the company, and conforming to any laws and regulations related to the workplace - Continuously improve the crewmember experience using the OTG culture and values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Hospitality, Business, or Culinary Arts
- 5 to 7 years of general management experience in a high quality hospitality environment
- Demonstrated results creating a high-performance workplace through cultural leadership that sustains results
- Minimum 3 years’ management experience in high-volume multi-unit operations
- Minimum 3 years’ management experience in alcoholic beverage service
- Proficient knowledge of P&L, budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and their impact on business results
- Experience in guest relations, negotiations and resolving complaints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to service of guests and all crewmembers
- High integrity, work ethic, passion and commitment to OTG values
- Ability to train, delegate, coach and development managers and crewmembers
- Knowledge of / certification in/ adherence to safety and food sanitation, as well as responsible alcohol service
- Ability to work flexible hours, days, shifts, including holidays
- Ability to clear OTG background checks as well as any requirements to obtain Airport badge
- Experience managing 30+ million in annual revenue for multi-unit F&B operations