Rite Of Passage is a nationally recognized academic, vocational and athletic residential program for at-risk teenage youth. We're looking for career-minded individuals who enjoy working with and mentoring young people. If you're looking for a rewarding career with the opportunity to make a positive difference in the lives of youth, we'd love to hear from you!
Certified by MSDE as an English Teacher.
1. Possesses a current and valid State teaching credential. Must be able to meet MD Certification requirements.
2. Certification in Special Education preferred. Will be required to obtain certification upon employment.
3. Related experience working with at-risk youth preferred.
4. Three or more years of successful classroom teaching preferred.
5. Knowledge of: Instructional strategies and how they can be employed to deliver curriculum and assess student learning. Various methodologies and research related to learning and working with at-risk, high school aged youth. Effective classroom management techniques and behavioral management styles that result in understanding of how to manage and teach to various learning styles. Effective communication techniques that enable positive and productive collaboration with site staff. Technology and how it can be used as an educational tool.
6. Ability to: Establish a teaching rapport with students which results in student achievement in all program areas. Diagnose, prescribe and evaluate student progress on an ongoing basis. Collaborate with staff to deliver a consistent curriculum and implement a team approach to working with students. Confront inappropriate behavior appropriately and take the necessary action as outlined in the program procedures.
7. Accept additional tasks as assigned including flexible work schedule and extracurricular assignments.
8. Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen, physical and TB test.
9. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
10. Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
11. Ability to build and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
12. Ability to function independently and as a member of a team in a multi-task environment.
13. Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time