JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates and/or shareholders.
Responsible for timely and accurate external filings including quarterly earnings release and 10-Q, annual 10-K, and other SEC reporting requirements as necessary.
Oversight and supervision of accounting operations. Evaluate, develop and implement accounting policies and procedures in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for control of operations and quality, reliability and consistency of financial reporting, providing effective controls and accurate information for NBH to ultimately provide 100% assurances that support CFO and CEO quarterly sign-off of 906 and 302 certifications.
Responsible for timely and accurate regulatory filings including quarterly call report and FR Y-9.
Responsible for timely and accurate issuance of monthly flash report, monthly executive management report, and board of director financial packet as necessary.
Responsible for accurate month-end closings on third business day by creating a disciplined approach and following a detailed checklist on quarter-ends and year-end.
Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information to appraise operating results in terms of profitability and other matters bearing on fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of NBH. Assist CFO in financial analysis.
Manage external audit and tax relationships and provide fee recommendations to CFO.
Responsible for monthly and quarterly tax calculations, effective tax rate, and current and deferred taxes and related disclosures.
Responsible for knowledge of changes to existing accounting standards and newly accounting standards and to reach conclusion on implication to NBH and inform CFO via detailed analysis.
Perform GAAP research assignments and document NBH’s position in regard to complex accounting and disclosure issues and review with CFO.
Manage accounting staff. Provide necessary guidance on issues and projects that arise. Create ways to maximize development of staff.
Create process improvement mind set throughout the accounting staff.
Create strong expense control culture in the Accounting team and throughout the organization.
Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the CFO.
Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
Interact with others (co-workers, management, executive management, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 10+ years of public accounting and financial institution experience.
- Strong knowledge and background with Sox 404, SEC reporting, tax issues, mergers and acquisitions, ASC 310-30 accounting, and FDIC loss share.
- Experience in dealing with bank regulatory agencies
- Proficient in MS Office applications with especially strong skills/experience with Excel, Access and Word
- 15 years of Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Certification related to the field of work.
- FDIC loss share experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with financial accounting systems
The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Ability to think analytically and apply critical thinking skills to issues
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize multiple duties.
- Take initiative to research and resolve problems
- Ability to effectively communicate with executives, board members, and bank analysts
- Strong leader and decision maker.
- Excellent collaborative and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
- Office setting with traditional hours.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time especially during quarter-ends.
- Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.