Join us now!
With over 30 million recordings, Screencast-O-Matic has become a leading provider of learning and sharing experiences for educators, small business and enterprise, vloggers, gamers, agencies, or anyone needed to record and share their computer and video experiences. Our video screen capture learning and sharing company takes visual collaboration to the next level. Offered in both in free and premium versions, our software allows individuals and companies to create visually compelling and authentic video solutions for learning and collaboration. Screencast-O-Matic is a privately held, dynamic, and rapidly growing software company founded in 2006 and headquartered in Seattle, WA. For more information, visit http://www.screencast-o-matic.com.
Full Stack Developer
We're currently looking for an exceptional full stack developer with project management chops to advance our mission to enable everyone, everywhere to easily capture, share and experience video content. This position can be remote depending on experience. We take pride in providing superior product experiences to our customers throughout the world. At Screencast-O-Matic, we strive to deliver both free and premium screen recording software that is easy and fun to use, and our product team is critical to realizing that mission.
What you will do
- Create and manage a cross team project plan for major dev initiatives
- Run appropriate agile process through project completion
- Create responsive HTML / CSS from Photoshop designs
- Contribute to architecture, design, and development of our video hosting services
- Development of JSON services, user interface design and implementation, and performance analysis
- Design and implement data architectures including database schema design, query analysis, operational analysis, API integration, and scripting backend processes
- Maintain current video hosting and streaming services and address issues
- Work with key customers to implement features that consider their workflows
- Backend: PHP, MySQL Database, AWS, Wordpress
- Hosted on AWS
- Source Control: GIT
- Experience with Wordpress
- Experience with responsive HTML / CSS design from PSD
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Familiarity with SQL databases, specifically MySQL
- Experience with Relational Database Design
- Understanding of how the web works and its underlying communication protocols
- Be familiar with REST based services
- Experience with Version Control Systems - Git/SVN.
- Knowledge of data structures, design patterns, OOP, and modular code.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility and cross-platform testing.
- Experience building and maintaining highly scalable, high availability applications
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively and positively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Advanced critical thinking skills
- A passion for working with consumers and helping them achieve their goals
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree
Good to Have:
- Experience with video hosting / streaming with HTML 5
- Understanding of common video player technologies such as JW Player
- Experience in Mobile app development
- Experience with Java development
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 5 years
Required work authorization: