POSITION TITLE: Customer Service Supervisor
POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Customer Service Supervisor will use their skills and experience to lead the department to support Inovonics customers by delivering information and services in an efficient, accurate, and professional manner.
The Customer Service supervisor must exhibit excellent communication skills and have the ability to train departmental employees. This includes the development, evaluation and documentation of employee training. The supervisor will be responsible for the performance of the department and will work with management to resolve personnel issues and identifying areas of improvement. The supervisor will interface with other departments to support the on-time delivery goals of the organization. This position is also responsible for the day to day activities as a customer service representative of entering sales orders and providing customer support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a working supervisor, responsible for day to day activities such as daily order processing, answering inbound and outbound calls, e-mails and issuing return material authorizations (RMA’s).
- Manage resources to balance work flow throughout the day.
- Primary resource to assist in resolving customer issues such as order status, pricing and lead times.
- Provide timely and regular feedback to team members on strengths, accomplishments and opportunities for improvement.
- Complete and communicate performance evaluations for individuals on the Customer Service team.
- Drive improvements in the department to meet customer expectations of timely and accurate order processing.
- Work with appropriate departments, such as IT, to create reports needed to improve day to day processes.
- Maintain departmental documents and work instructions to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance to ISO standards.
- Interact with other departments in process improvement projects as a key representative of the Customer Service department.
- Responsible for training new and current team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of Customer Service experience with minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Leadership qualities to build a strong team and drive improvements throughout the department.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to maintain a positive, calm and open approach to responsibilities and communication during stressful situations.
- Willing to attend training classes and seminars to maintain and enhance skills.
- Reliable work performance and attendance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, positive and self-directed in daily responsibilities.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office products.
- ERP or relevant order processing software experience.
- Desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Database report writing tool experience is a plus.
High School Diploma.
COMPENSATION AND OTHER
Commensurate with experience
Inovonics values diversity of thought and background and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Full-time