C&S Companies, operating for 50 years, is a national design and construction firm with over 400 employees and growing. C&S has been established in San Diego for 19 years in which we have provided both public and private civil engineering services to the community. Our San Diego office has won the “Best Place to Work” for the past two years and we want you to be on our amazing team! We also have several other offices located throughout the Country that offer planning, environmental, engineering, and construction services.
At C&S Companies, we believe work environment, culture, and the opportunity to learn and grow are key elements when considering a new job. We are just the right size to provide the resources and support you need without the burdensome bureaucracy of a large corporate environment. To that end we foster a family-friendly and supportive workplace; collaborative and employee-focused with an emphasis on quality, integrity, trust fun and accountability.
We are seeking an Engineer in our expanding San Diego practice; this position will offer an opportunity to work on aviation, educational, and private commercial development projects. We are seeking a professional with progressive civil engineering experience on site civil development projects. Candidate needs a high level of experience in AutoCAD, preferred Civil 3D experience, for the production of plans and engineering design support documents. Candidate needs to be able to move forward multiple projects concurrently and work closely with team members on design and coordination efforts for those projects. Full-time position in San Diego, CA.
This position will involve technical support in aviation design engineering and construction management projects. Will also be responsible for preparing engineering calculations and reports to support design decisions. Preparation of cost estimates, specifications, construction plans is also required. May involve travel to perform on-site construction observation.
• Hard working, detail oriented and technically sound with engineering principles and practices.
• Self-starter and highly motivated to progress in career path with a growing firm.
• Able to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adoptions and modifications to create schematics.
• Works with Project and/or Senior Engineer/Designer to clarify project scope and schedule of deliverables.
• Prepare project plans and specifications.
• Responsible for accuracy of design, specifications, drawings, etc.
• Establish project design concepts, design criteria and scope, space requirements, etc.
• Make engineering computations.
• Project cost estimating.
• Coordinate between trades, architect, client, etc.
• Effective time-management, written and oral communication skills, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Provide value-oriented design suggestions, review drawings, and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
• Minimum of three years practicing in the engineering field (maximum of 8 years).
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Experience with civil design, assembling plan sets, quantity takeoffs and technical specifications.
• AutoCAD and Civil 3D proficient
• EIT preferred, or ability to obtain within 18 months
• Experience working with project teams, with architects and/or public sector clients preferred.
• Ability to provide value-oriented design suggestions, review drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design & production standards.
• Experience in contract document preparation; ability to read construction plans and specifications and general knowledge of construction administration.
To learn more about C&S Companies please visit us at: www.cscos.com
C&S is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.