Responsible for performing system engineering for automation control projects based on drives, motor control centers, programmable controllers, operator/field devices, instrumentation, etc. Responsible for the design, implementation, and test of control, drives and automation systems working in a project team environment. Works on project assignments that are moderate to complex projects. Designs, defines and implements complex control systems and packaged drive system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. Determines system specifications and coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. This includes system design, system engineering, hardware engineering, programming and factory testing. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the optimal control system solution and determines applicable industrial control configuration/architecture
- Provides updates to project manager/leader pertaining to status of activities, performance to schedule and performance to budget
- Performs conceptual industrial drive and motor control systems design and determination of control system strategy.
- May provide on-site process control system start-up as required.
- Responsible to lead and review all assigned engineering team and their assigned tasks for a project.
- Leads complex assignments requiring new processes, techniques.
- Assists with planning, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring resources for projects including setting and managing time-lines and budgets.
- Provide verbal and written reports to communicate project status as required and contribute to project review meetings.
- Visit internal/external panel manufacturing facilities to assess progress, provide technical assistance, final inspection and sign off.
- Client liaison and interface with management
- Development and maintenance of customer relationship
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other project team members
- Responsible for meeting project schedule, engineering hour budgets, and customer satisfaction targets for own activities in support of the project team.
- Review project hardware/software for compliance with applicable codes/standards and assure personnel/machinery safety practices are fully implemented
- Coordinate customer requirements with engineering and other appropriate departments to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved
- Attends, participates in the preparation and presentation of technical papers in industry symposiums and trade shows, as applicable
- Enhances RA overall value & position with strategic global customers
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in control system applications which relates to variable speed drives, drives systems, and industrial automation systems.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in electrical design, including schematics and panel layout; applying and programming drives, PLC’s and HMI’s.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Ability to design drives systems utilizing AutoCAD electrical.
- Available and willing to work overtime on occasion to meet customer project commitments.
- Occasional travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments.
- Experience of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through installation and subsequent client support
- Knowledge of Allen-Bradley Powerflex drives, and PLC’s. Knowledge of codes and standards applicable to industrial control systems including the NEC, NFPA79, UL508A, and UL698.
- Product and/ or Program development and project management experience.
- Drives Systems/ Industry Expertise in (Power, Paper, Metals, Infrastructure, etc.)