The Vice President of Development is responsible for securing financial resources through grants, appeals, fee for service and revenue generating initiatives which will support and expand the organization's programs and services. The Vice President is also responsible for managing and growing the organization's brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise awareness of the organization, issues related to CDCLI’s three pillars of focus, increase public and funder awareness of the organization and expand the base of support.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Developing an annual comprehensive development plan, in collaboration with the CEO, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines, which will achieve budgeted goals.
- Securing general operating and capacity building grants.
- Developing and monitoring a realistic annual fund budget with realistic revenue and expense projections.
- Investigating possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization's brand in the community and increase avenues of support.
- Writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports.
- Working closely with all departments and staff to review program services in order to obtain information for reporting, comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
- Developing and executing, with the CEO, a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, Annual Report, website, newsletters, and branding.
- Managing and promoting annual events including the Annual Luncheon.
- Remaining abreast of the non-profit housing landscape, on the local, state and federal level, to identify trends, issues and opportunities, and recommending action in response.
- Along with the CEO, growing positive awareness of the organization and strengthening its reputation with clients, funders and the communities it serves.
- Managing the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support development and marketing goals.
- In conjunction with the CEO, cultivation of outside organizations, corporate, foundation and business representatives via presentations, tours and volunteerism.
- Managing staff within the Marketing and Development Department, including recruitment, performance management and training of staff.
- Additional duties consistent with the above as determined by the CEO.
- Master’s Degree or Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) accreditation preferred. Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
- Five years of related experience in development, public relations, branding and communications, and grant writing in a non-profit environment is required. Experience with the affordable housing market preferred.
- Documented experience with nonprofit marketing, branding and social media.
- Proven success in developing and building agency relationships, individual and corporate giving, and grant writing and funding.
- At least two years demonstrated experience supervising and motivating a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency, including, Sales Force, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- High energy, self-motivated, team player, with a passion for the organization’s mission.
Job Type: Full-time