Hotel Versey is a completely renovated modern lifestyle located in the safe and exciting Lincoln Park/Lakeview neighborhood, just three miles north of downtown Chicago and part of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts. The hotel features a bold design with artwork from Chicago-based artists, as well as a variety of retail outlets. Located at the iconic intersection of Diversey Parkway, Clark Street and Broadway Street, Hotel Versey celebrates the iconic building’s history and serves as a hub for families, the sports oriented, the business-minded, multicultural guests from around the world, and the LGBTQ community. Visit us at www.HotelVersey.com.
Performs sales and customer service functions related to guest registration, reservations, and revenue collections, in a manner that will ensure Hotel Versey’s guests receive a secure place to stay with friendly, attentive service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Recognizes and greets the guests. Responds appropriately to information requests and complaints.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms, advance reservations, specified company marketing programs.
- Operates the front desk office equipment such as telephone, cash drawer, calculator, reservation computer, copier, fax machine, etc.
- Check in, check out guests using Opera property management system.
- Processes and controls room reservations.
- Collects revenues from room rentals, other purchases.
- Provides security for guests and the property by controlling room keys, verifying cash banks, making safe drops, preparing cash reports, following credit card verification procedures and reporting suspicious activity by guests or others.
- Completes paperwork necessary for front desk operation (registration folios, credit card vouchers, cashier reports, room reports, prepaid reservation log, etc.).
- Performs tasks assigned by property management (train other employees, insure cleanliness of front desk and front desk storage as well as insuring items for front desk operations are stocked, etc.).
- Other tasks may be assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Follows and complies with all hotel policies.
Education & Experience:
A high school degree or equivalent is required. Common courtesy, politeness, and manners are required at all times. The person must know that he or she is employed to serve and please the guest. Being friendly and helpful are some key criteria for this position
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
As a Wyndham hotel we follow comprehensive brand, city, and state health and safety standards. We strictly enforce wearing of face masks, social distancing, employee temperature checks, regular and thorough cleaning using EPA registered disinfectants.
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person