Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for overall project estimating/planning, and scheduling, project cost reporting, and control. The Project Manager also provides technical direction to the on-site Superintendent while ensuring compliance with Owners Contract, Project Documents and TWC Standards.
Department: Project Management
Reports to: Director of Project Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively communicate with project owner.
- Effectively communicate with subcontractors and suppliers, resolving issues throughout all phases of the construction process including priorities with schedule, budget, and quality standards.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the Owners, TWC Development Consultants, Architects, on-site Superintendent, and subcontractors.
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities with periodic on-site inspections, track potential disputes and claims, procure punch list for the project, perform yearly inspections and resolve any deficiencies.
- Supervises multiple on-site Superintendent’s located across the United States.
- Accepts and instills into all projects the philosophy of Listen, Learn then Lead with Integrity.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to other; willing to train others.
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Qualifications - To perform the job successfully, an individual should possess the following qualifications:
· Education –
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management preferred; or Associates Degree from a trade school with field experience; or five to ten years’ experience with commercial construction in a management role; or combination of education and experience.
· Personal Skills –
- Competency in reading specs and blue prints
- Competency in estimating and take offs
- Good communication and negotiation skills
· Leadership Experience – Lead by example
· Individual Responsibilities –
- Commit to and live out through words and deeds TWC Core Values:
§ We Listen
§ We Learn
§ We Lead with Integrity
§ We are Fun
§ We are Innovative
§ We are a Team with a Can Do attitude
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Willmar, MN 56201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Project management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Willmar, MN 56201