Clear Lake, TX
Who we are:
Voted one of the Nation's Best and Brightest Companies to Work for, Kuraray America, Inc. (KAI) is a global leader in specialty chemical, fiber and resin production. With top-of-the-line research and production facilities located in Houston, Texas, and a vast network of supply from around the world, Kuraray leads the industry in specialty dental, fiber, resin, and elastomer products. Kuraray America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kuraray Company, Ltd. Based in Tokyo, Japan. Kuraray has operations in 28 countries and employees more than 10,000 employees, including over 750 in the United States.
Kuraray is building a better tomorrow, today. Our team members are dedicated to expanding our business with committed professionals who share essential values such as integrity, excellence, teamwork and accountability.
As a part of Kuraray America, Inc., our team shares the advantages of working for the leader in specialty chemicals, resins and fibers. Our international presence and resources allow us to be a world-leading innovator in the industries we service. Yet, despite our size, our people are more than just a number. As a new team member you can expect to earn responsibility quickly. Our commitment to our people is visible in our comprehensive benefits package. As a Kuraray team member, you will have the opportunity to enjoy competitive salaries and benefits, incentive opportunities, and an excellent work environment.
The primary role of the Customer Service Representative is to provide dependable and accurate delivery of product and related services to our customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating business activities among sales, production, product management, accounting, marketing, logistics, and transportation to ensure required quantities meet customer order requirements
Order entry, processing, & fulfillment
- Receives orders from customers and sales personnel by phone, fax, and e-mail
- Includes the administration of SAP, Intranet, & EDI systems, the processing of domestic & export orders, the maintenance of customer certificates, the completion of sales orders for imported resins, the compilation of lot certificates & the issuance of invoices and customer credit/debit memos as required
- Completes sales order entry while contacting warehouses to determine and confirm ship dates
- Also completes Delivery Order entry, and prints lot certificates and BOL for each shipment
- Follows up the orders to assure prompt delivery of products
- Completes final shipping entry for customer orders, and prepares an invoice and distributes to customer
- Responsible for updating the sales representative of any ongoing issues, questions, etc. that may arise from the customer based on phone and/or onsite contacts
- Works with affiliates in Japan and Europe.
Freight Control, Warehouse Management
- Includes the verification of freight & warehousing invoices for payment. Periodic negotiation of freight rates, and arrangement of carriers, LTL and TL; OTR, Ocean and Air, the reconciling of consigned inventory & assist with the maintenance of inventory at outside warehouses.
- Monitors warehouse daily shipment function and requests and verifies all orders have shipped, and are correct.
- Completes monthly inventory reconciliations as requested by supervisor.
- Works with import/export broker.
- Prepares Canadian customer paperwork, and/or NAFTA certificate, and other export documentation as needed.
Other Office Duties
- Express Mail
- Filing – Invoices and Lot Certifications
- Additional duties as requested and deemed appropriate by supervisor
- Responsible for end of month closing duties and compliance with set standards
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years customer service experience in a materials-related industry
- Knowledge of inventory control & order entry procedures & systems
- Knowledge of key information systems including SAP, EDI, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- General accounting knowledge for inventory and production preferred
- Excellent communication skills for dealing effectively with customers
- Ability to prioritize all facets of work based on customer, warehouse, and inventory requirements
- Team player who is able to multi-task, adapt, and is able to quickly learn new processes
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes base pay and an annual incentive. This program is designed to reward individual performance and align overall rewards with corporate and team performance.
Our employees enjoy an attractive healthcare benefits package, including wellness reimbursements to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We also provide an Educational Reimbursement Plan, helping our employees fulfill their career goals, as well as a competitive 401(k).
Please apply online at:
Kuraray America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/disability/protected veteran status
No third party candidates accepted.