The Bush School is dedicated to valuing different perspectives and backgrounds, inspiring curiosity, motivating employees to take risks, and encouraging compassion and kindness. Our employees enjoy an environment that inspires creativity and being part of a collaborative community.
HR Director Seattle, WA
Full Time - salary based on experience
The Bush School is in search of an individual to join our team as Human Resources Director. We are looking for a candidate who can support the school’s mission of diversity and inclusion and who has a background that displays and proves an understanding of cultural fluency. A qualified candidate will be able to manage the key responsibilities and tasks as listed below:
- Full Cycle HR with the support of a HR Generalist including: recruiting, hiring, onboarding, equity and diversity, benefits, compensation, employee relations, FMLA/disability leaves, work injuries, performance management, termination
- Meet bi-weekly with division directors and other members of the administrative group to monitor faculty and staff issues and anticipate areas of HR involvement including contract issues, performance issues, work injuries, etc.
- Be a visible presence in the school that allows staff and faculty to be comfortable approaching HR when needed.
- Work with benefit broker to administer a full range of benefits. Work to create a benefit plan with inventive options that will separate the school from its peers for recruiting and retention purposes.
- Implement an online performance management system that caters to both the staff and faculty groups at the school.
- Help maintain an atmosphere of community, collaboration, inclusivity, commitment to diversity, etc.
- Create a robust recruiting plan to help attract and retain employees that are a fit for the mission and values of the school.
- Work closely with the Assistant Head for Finance and Operations on any HR issues that affect the operational working of the school including budgets for compensation, benefits and recruiting.
- Work closely with Payroll Manager on any issues pertaining to payroll as well as 403(b) plan administration.
- Mediate and investigate employee relation cases and work closely with the Head of School and administrative group members to manage and resolve issues. Work with external counsel on any issues that need guidance. Keep confidential and proper documentation.
- Provide in-house training as needed on topics such as employment law, legalities of hiring, anti-harassment, etc.
- Manage HR Generalist, assign and delegate work. This positions also reports to the Assistant Head for Finance and Operations.
- Manage personnel matters in the Facilities Department - Department consists of Facilities Director, Manager as well as Maintenance and Custodial Staff. Work with department on interdepartmental issues as well as any external feedback or projects that need to be handled.
- Manage personnel matters in the Commons Department - Department consists of Food Services Director, Sous Chef, Cashier, Food Prep workers and Dishwasher. Work with department on interdepartmental issues as well as any external feedback or initiatives that need to be addressed.
- Manage Director of Summer Programs
Successful candidates will have:
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience
- HR Certification from SHRM or HRCI, SPHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- BA Preferred
- Previous experience working in both corporate and education environments strongly preferred but not required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work effectively with people at all levels
- Demonstrated success in full-cycle HR
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements at www.bush.edu.
If you are interested in working at The Bush School, but this position doesn’t fit your talents, please visit our website.
All applications are appreciated and reviewed, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
The Bush School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Bush School does not discriminate in matters of employment, recruitment, admission or administration of any of its programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. In addition, The Bush School does not discriminate in matters of employment based on the basis of age or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
- in both corporate and education environment: 7 years (Preferred)
- progressive HR: 7 years (Required)
- SHRM Certified Professional (Preferred)