A Mechanical Drafter job in Jeanette, PA is available at one of our key clients. To be considered for this role, you must have an Associates degree or higher in drafting, and have at least five years of Mechanical drafting experience. You also must have AutoCAD and/or Creo experience, preferably both. You must be a local candidate who is either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident. This is an excellent opportunity at an established global engineering/manufacturing company with great potential for advancement and professional growth.
Mechanical Drafter Job duties:
- Works with Engineering data communicated through sketches or by written / oral descriptions and applies all Drafting Manual or Engineering P.E.T. instructions.
- Responsible for reviewing and releasing all work assignments in addition to providing information to the department D.P.A. or Supervisor for scheduling requirements.
- Primarily an individual contributor but has the responsibility to direct shop order activities for Draftsman and Detailer level positions.
- Analyzes design requests and discusses requirements with the requisitioner to identify principles and offer suggested revisions.
- Analyzes design specifications, requisitions and vendor prints, and unit layout drawings to identify the requirements of drawings.
- Details and/or checks completed drawings for pictorial, dimensional, structural, and functional wording accuracy and inclusion of all necessary information.
- Prepares a design layout by drawing the components based upon provided information with consideration given to the functional efficiency and cost of the design concepts.
- Designs tools, jigs and fixtures necessary for the assembly, disassembly and shipment of equipment.
- Performs the functions of a Drafting Project Administrator, Checker, Draftsman, and Detailer when required.
- Associate degree in specialized technology with five(5) plus years of Mechanical drafting/design experience in a
- Proficient using CAD technology; AutoCAD and Creo preferred.
- Background in rotating equipment and/or machining is a plus.
If you are interested in this Mechanical Drafting job in Jeanette, PA, please apply via the "apply now" link provided.
Belcan is a global supplier of engineering, technical recruiting, and IT services to customers in the aerospace, industrial, and government sectors. Belcan engineers better outcomes through adaptive and integrated services—from jet engines, airframe, and avionics to heavy vehicles, chemical processing, and cybersecurity. Belcan takes a partnering approach to provide customer-driven solutions that are flexible, scalable, and cost-effective. Our unique capabilities have led to continuous growth and success for nearly 60 years. We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.