System Administrator/Network Engineer
Salary Range 50k – 75k (depending on the experience level and knowledge)
Certifications preferred: MCSE, MCP, A+, VCP-DCV, VCP-DTM
- Monitor and manage the network and virtual environment in order optimize system performance, and coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform necessary special operations for programs requiring special handling to maintain acceptable network performance.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Maintain secure remote access connectivity for firm users, clients and vendors as directed and authorized by management.
- Perform regular software updates including, but not limited to, operating system, antivirus, anti-spam updates.
Network Configuration (2008 R2 – 2012 R2 Operating System)
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations (Office 365, Cisco Networking, Brocade Switches, Meraki firewall, VMware, FTP Management, Data Backup Solutions (Veeam)).
- Diagnose hardware and software problems and replace defective components.
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Take ownership of the data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures in order to protect network and computer system data, software, and hardware.
Solution Development/Project Management
- Recommend and implement changes to improve systems and network configurations and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Consult with management to ensure agreement on system principles.
- Confer with network users about how to solve existing system problems.
- Manage new initiatives and projects to ensure they are effectively driven towards timely completion.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities. Maintain inventory of hardware and software. Create solution guides to resolve reoccurring issues.
- Document network configuration.
User Support (approximately 25%)
- Take ownership of the help desk calls/support tickets and provide assistance solving computer related problems, prioritize and coordinate with tier 1 personnel.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer hardware and software operation and to resolve problems and/or escalate problems to the appropriate technician for resolution.
- Provide guidance and training to tier 1 support personnel.
- On-call responsibilities, night and weekend project, and support work as required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, Life, 401K
- Voluntary benefits i.e. accident, critical illness, STD
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid time off/holiday pay
- Business casual work environment
- Centrally located
- Flexible schedules
- Stability with an industry leader and long-established firm
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of employment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- system administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement