Please note, we are currently only hiring in the below states for this position: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia, or District of Columbia
The Wayfair Opportunity:
At Wayfair, we believe a phenomenal customer experience combined with a supportive employee structure has resulted in our award-winning Customer Service Team.
This isn't just about taking another phone call— this is about empowering our customers to create spaces reflecting who they are, what they need, and what they value. You’ll play a crucial role by providing a best in class experience when it’s most needed. Wayfair will give you the training, tools, and decision-making ability to help our customers find solutions that work best for them.
You will empathetically help customers navigate a variety of post-order issues such as: shipping questions, damages, returns, replacements, assembly services and order notifications.
No scripts. No canned responses. These are true human to human interactions where you can make a meaningful impact. Wayfair will invest in you with continuous development, career opportunities, and will surround you with a team of great people.
What Does a Service Associate Do?
- Demonstrate Reliability: Attendance and commitment to being present and on time for your full shift each day is crucial. This helps ensure we're ready and available to help our customers when they need us most. For unexpected events or issues, we require our associates to be proactive in their communication and planning whenever possible.
- Handle a High Volume of Contacts: You will handle an estimated 50-60 phone calls per shift. This is a fast paced environment and highly structured. There is little down time in this position as you are typically on back to back calls during your shift.
- Meet Our High Performance Bar: You’ll work to exceed customer satisfaction, excel in meeting customer service efficiency metrics, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Engage Customers: You’ll need a passion for people. You'll be the voice of Wayfair and work to build a relationship with customers who contact us by inbound phone call, chats, and emails. Topics can range from returns, replacements, delivery, product availability, order status, and more.
- Listen Actively and Show Empathy: You will actively listen to understand customer concerns and leverage internal resources to find the best solution to thoroughly address their problem.
- De-Escalate Customer Concerns: Most customers contact us because they’ve had a problem and need your help. You will use your conflict management skills to balance the needs of the customer with the options from the business while always maintaining a professional composure.
- Problem Solve: Solutions aren’t a one-size-fits-all approach so customer service associates do not read from pre-populated scripts. You will be given a level of autonomy to help customers find the right solution. You’ll need to think analytically to solve customer problems in a first contact resolution approach.
- Multitask: You’ll need to juggle navigating multiple browsers, tabs, tools, and screens in order to quickly and effectively answer questions. The ideal customer service representative will be familiar with computers and can effectively navigate technology on a daily basis.
- Escalate Systemic Issues: Help us continuously improve. You’ll identify areas where improvement is needed on behalf of Wayfair customers and share any trends with leadership.
What are the Pay & Benefits?:
- Hourly Pay Rate: at least $15 hourly depending on location (tenure increases starting as early as 6 months)
- Quarterly Performance Bonuses
- Referral Bonus ($500 per eligible referral)
- 401(k) with company match up to 4%
- Paid Time Off (start accruing time immediately)
- 7 Paid Federal Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
- Paid / Unpaid Parental Leave options
- Eligible Tuition Reimbursement (up to $5,250)
- Wayfair Employee Discount
- Volunteer Day for Community Service (Paid Day Off)
What are the Requirements?
- We are currently only hiring for this position in the current states: Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must hold a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- You will be required to hardwire your computer to a modem with minimum internet speeds of 25Mbps (download) and 5Mbps (upload). Wireless (WiFi) access is not permitted for use. All other necessary computer equipment and accessories are provided by Wayfair.
- A knowledge of working within Windows Operating Systems or equivalent.
- A private and dedicated workspace free of any distractions (roommates, children, spouses, pets, etc.) or noise (radio, tv, etc.)
- Wayfair wants to ensure your success, this is why our training is 100% mandatory. We are unable to accommodate any misses, time off, or tardiness during this time.
- Qualified applicants will be required to pass the candidate assessment to proceed with the interview process.
Why Wayfair Customer Service?
About Wayfair LLC:
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations and we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Why the name Wayfair? The truth is, it was just two words that sounded good together. But over time, our guests built this brand alongside us and gave our pinwheel logo more purpose and meaning than we ever could have dreamed and that’s the best definition we could ask for.
Wayfair now offers over 22 million products across five distinct brands - Wayfair.com, AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. The company employs more than 16,000 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe.
Wayfair is driven by a world-class team with the future always in mind. We are constantly striving to help everyone, anywhere, and work to help people create and decorate spaces that feel like “home”. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need Technical Assistance?
If you are having any technical difficulty submitting your application, please reach out to our careers team at email@example.com.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at email@example.com.