ABB is seeking a Payroll Specialist for its Cary, North Carolina location. The Payroll Specialist demonstrates in depth knowledge in regards to US payroll laws and regulations and is responsible for monitoring payroll activities internally and externally. Collectively collaborates with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely payroll processing.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Monitors payroll activity:
- Collaborates with team along with various work streams to resolve employee inquiries/cases within the SLA timeframe. Documents the source, seeks proper approvals, determines any necessary transactions & documents them according to ABB policies that will effectively substantiate action(s) taken.
- Processes off-cycle checks and confirms payroll results using standard tools and ad-hoc analyses.
- Verifies that funds have been received in ABB bank account for ACH Returns/Deletions.
- Ensures that all employee earnings and deductions, at point of final calculation, are accurate and are made in compliance with payroll tax and legal requirements and ABB Group internal compensation policies.
- Position performs a detailed time and financial analysis of payroll entries and time-related data.
- Works in concert with ADP Garnishment Services to initiate deductions in the payroll module.
- Audits and validates centrally collected time & attendance data.
- Reviews time transactions in SAP Time Module for reasonableness and conformity with ABB compensation guideline by utilizing a series of audit reports; compiles exceptions and researches and investigates issues.
- Responsible for 100% compliance with the internal controls over pay, as assigned to this position and promotes solid and effective internal controls as a vital and necessary component of payroll processing.
- Ensures that all internal controls and procedures/steps associated with “owned” processes are executed, documented and maintained.
- Assists with tax related discrepancies and inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Associate degree and minimum 2 years of experience in Payroll.
**Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- 5 years of experience in Payroll.
- Payroll operations, payroll tax reporting and compliance work experience.
- Proficiency with SAP Payroll and Time Modules.
- Exercise critical thinking and analytical skills to investigate and resolve issues.
- Highly effective listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of interdependencies and interconnections between various HR processes.
- Possess computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, internet and intranet.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Solution-oriented approach to problem resolution.
- Ability to anticipate needs and is self-directed.
- Ability to work well in a changing environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Location Cary, North Carolina, USA
Business Unit HR Service Delivery
Date posted 2019-03-20
Job Function Human Resources
Publication ID US68235356_E1