Software Engineer, Distributed Systems-190013Q9
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Security products help customers protect their business-critical cloud infrastructure and data. We build cloud native security solutions that provide customers with visibility into the security posture of their cloud assets and help automate remediation where possible.
We are looking for an engineer to join OCI security platform team. The platform and algorithms monitor, detect threats, data breaches, and other malicious activities using machine learning and data science technologies.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to build an analytics and recommendation system by sourcing and curating data from various internal + external providers. We leverage Spark, Flink, Machine Learning, technologies running on OCI. You’ll work with product managers, designers, and engineers to build data driven features.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Develop, maintain and tune threat detection algorithms
- Develop test bed and tools to help reduce noise and improve time to detect threats
- 1+ year of hands-on large-scale cloud application software development
- Experience building applications using Kafka, AWS, Kubernetes, Rest APIs & Linux
- Ability to track down complex data and engineering issues, and analyze data to solve problems
- Working knowledge of SSL, authentication, encryption, audit logging & access policies.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will apply basic to intermediate knowledge of software architecture to perform software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications or operating systems according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.