- 5+ years sales experience in the Government vertical or related field
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale purchasing contracts or software agreements
- Experience in positioning and selling innovative solutions to new customers and market segments
- Proven track record in identifying and pursuing a large number of accounts over the phone, with ability to close in person
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment
Amazon Business is a B2B marketplace on Amazon.com that gives entities of all sizes access to hundreds of millions of products in a shopping experience built for businesses and institutions.
Amazon Business also serves Government customers that love the convenience of shopping online. However, federal, state and local procurement officials require solutions that fit how public entities operate. The Amazon Business for Government team is dedicated to developing solutions inclusive of an expanded marketplace that combines the selection, convenience, and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to customers in the Government sector.
Customer Advisors are responsible for supporting long-term strategic customer relationships following an initial on-boarding and stabilization period. The primary areas of responsibility include broadening solution adoption through institution-wide deployment, feature adoption, and developing relationships with buying decision makers across functional areas such as Procurement, Information Technology, Facilities, and more. Customer Advisors will also support large complex customer engagements requiring additional deployment support.
The Customer Advisor will ensure recommended solutions meet our customer’s procurement needs and will recommend approaches and alternatives that fit their environment, including but not limited to contracting and competitive requirements unique to public institutions, eProcurement integration, advanced payment, and automated reconciliation processes. The candidate will work closely with customers to manage deployment and ensure that our solutions are successfully adopted.
The ideal candidate will have relevant Government consultative sales experience and have a proven track record of meeting and exceeding program goals and revenue targets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Account Management that helps customers design and implement solutions that solve government procurement challenges
- Drive and accelerate spend adoption through advising customers on best practices for using Amazon Business solutions
- Deliver accurate weekly reporting on growth pipeline and customer spend adoption
- Work closely with sales team and sales leadership to provide status updates and insights learned during deployment
- Focus on automating as many service needs for customers and work with Product Management and Technical teams to develop solutions that will increase solution adoption
- Meet or exceed targets for customer and/or feature spend adoption
- Relay market needs and requirements back to internal Amazon teams including Product Management, Technical and Category Management teams
- Deep knowledge of procurement (e.g., Public Sector contracting practices at the state, local and federal levels of government) and source to pay processes and solutions
- Active listener and effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Proven ability to influence others and lead customer engagements
- Strong ownership, bias for action and willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com) and other systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -
Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation