ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Iten Industries supplies the custom manufacture of thermoset and thermoplastic components. Our expertise, resources, commitment, and state-of-the-art systems allow us to meet customer requirements with precision tolerances, high quality, and exceptional value.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Controller, you will be responsible for hands-on operations of the company’s financial team, directing the organization’s overall financial policies and driving profitable growth. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional with a sense of urgency, a proven track record and strong communication skills. Must be able to ensure the financial well-being of the company in all areas of its operations. Broad responsibilities will also include business development support and functional leadership for best practices for human resources, IT and general administrative needs.
- Identify areas that provide low value and work to reallocate resources to provide more meaningful information for decision support.
- Work as a partnership with the operating management team and sales team to provide visibility to all material contracts for gross and net margin, payment terms and timely collection of accounts receivable.
- Ensure accuracy of internal and external financial reporting; ensure that effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Conduct detailed analytical reviews of sales, gross margins, operating cost and profit margins by served industries, customer, and value propositions.
- Provide management with applicable financial reports and analysis.
- Support sales organizations with contract reviews.
- Work as a partner with the operating management team and sales team to provide visibility.
- Hands on management of all working capital elements.
- Take ownership of the accounting and finance function.
- Produce monthly financial statements and analysis for review by Executive Team.
- Support implementations, migration or upgrades of financial system (ERP is currently Microsoft NAV).
- Maintain daily bank deposits, monthly reconciliation and wire transfers.
- Provide payroll support and oversight.
- Directly supervise 2+ employees in the Accounting department
- Train employees; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Lead, manage and hold team accountable for agreed upon results and develop team members through all levels of responsibility.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CMA or CPA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in accounting in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years of managerial experience.
- Organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing environment: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)