Padilla’s Digital Production Director is a leader, mentor, process lover, coordinator and facilitator of the agency’s digital group and digital projects. The person in this role is a key collaborator who holds a critical role in driving Padilla’s success.
You will be responsible for strategically assessing opportunities for our clients, providing direction for work flow, managing a team, evaluating performance and maintaining vendor relationships.
The Digital Production Director is responsible for the day-to-day work flow of our digital production team and reports to the VP of Creative Operations. The Director is also a working digital team manager, responsible for client projects that translate ideas to results for our clients. You will evaluate new systems and approaches while helping extended teams to create multi-channel projects with digital deliverables in areas such as web, mobile, advertising, applications and other platforms.
As part of your role, you will actively pursue opportunities to hone processes to allow for our team to achieve the best results and have fun while doing it.
- Translate ideas and objectives into written statements of work, project plans and deliverables to ensure alignment with client business goals and agency profitability
- Receive client specific digital job requests; assigns team to projects
- Act as a bridge between finance, client services, creative and production
- Participate in weekly check-in for specific accounts, making sure contracts are in order, resources are aligned and projects are tracking successfully
- Evolve processes and techniques to refine and improve digital project workflow
- Create an environment built on “rigid flexibility” – adhering to a methodology that adapts to the client/project
- Serve as a client-facing member of the team, able to explain technical and digital concepts to clients of varying degrees of digital knowledge
- Ensure flawless execution, scheduling, resourcing, budgeting, project management and technical implementation while meeting or exceeding client objectives. This includes managing internal teams and external partners
- Work with cross-discipline team for technical requirements gathering, technical analysis and identification of key success metrics
- Coach and mentor direct reports; train, write and conduct direct reports reviews to ensure professional goals are met
- Track and report the metrics of projects from an internal point of view. Identify opportunities for improvements
- Build relationships with third-party vendors and freelancers, identifying and documenting integration points with third-party solutions to manage risk accordingly
- Keep abreast of industry trends
Desired Skills and Experience
- Assist the department lead with any additional projects as needed
- 7+ years of experience as a Digital PM in an agency or high-tech environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven ability to manage teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of web development technologies, creative process, technology vendors and third-party offerings that lead to exemplary execution
- Must be a proactive solution provider to team members
- Good listener able to understand and translate team vision, direction and needs
- Well organized, strong planning skills and sense of urgency
- Ability to be agile, flexible, and effectively manage complex situations
- Minimal travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.