Performs and oversees a variety of direct and/or indirect nursing duties to provide for safe and appropriate patient care in the Urgent Care Center (UCC) setting. Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission and values. Practices within the Missouri State Practice Act and follows St. Luke’s Policy and Procedure.
PRINICIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: % of Time Spent
1. Delivers direct patient care in the UCC according to physician orders and individual patient needs.
2. Documents patient care activities completely in the medical record. 60%
3. Maintains adequate pharmaceutical and medical supply levels. 5%
4. Demonstrates proficiency in laboratory testing. 10%
5. Completes call backs as requested by patients, or as required by policy and procedure. 5%
6. Participates in professional development through attendance at educational offerings and staff meetings. Stays abreast of recent changes in nursing field. Completes all annual competency requirements.
7. Serves on committees as requested.
8. Maintains professional demeanor at all times including, but not limited to: 5%
a. Personal appearance.
b. Communicating effectively and courteously with staff, visitors and patients.
d. Patient confidentiality.
e. Responding to calls for assistance by other staff/departments/offices.
f. Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
9. Delegates and assists secretary’s and radiology technician’s in the performance of patient-care related activities. 5%
10. Performs other duties as delegated by the UCC Nurse Manager or Director. 5%
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Missouri Required.
Nursing Diploma or Associates in Nursing Required.
BSN or completion of BSN within 5 years of hire date is required.
Age specific knowledge necessary to address age-related needs and deliver appropriate nursing care to neonates/infants, children and adolescents, adults and geriatric adults
Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or ENPC
Maintains competencies for other departments (i.e. Lab, Work Place Health)
Must complete a minimum of 10 continuing education hours annually.
1. Employee is required to walk continuously and sit occasionally.
2. Employee must lift/carry a heavy (50 lbs. +) load frequently.
3. Employee may be required to lift over 100 lbs. with assistance.
4. Employee is frequently required to bend, squat, crawl, knee, climb, lift waist to overhead.
5. Employee is occasionally required to reach forward and reach overhead.
6. For repetitive action, employee is required to use both hands for simple grasping and pushing/pulling.
7. Employee is occasionally exposed to electrical hazards and CRT terminal work.
(Occasionally: 1-33%, Frequently: 34-66%, Continuously: 67-100%)
The most significant of duties are included but this does not exclude occasional work assignments not mentioned or developmental duties.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: Member of a division that interacts regularly with patients, physicians, families and visitors.
Takes direction from: UCC Director, Nurse Manager
Provides direction to: Fellow RN’s
Supervised by: UCC Director, Nurse Manager
Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke's is dedicated to improving the health of the community. Using talents and resources responsibly, our medical staff, employees and volunteers provide care for the whole person with compassion, professional excellence, and respect for each other and those we serve.
Core Values: Human Dignity, Compassion, Justice, Excellence, and Stewardship.
Human Dignity: We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
Compassion: We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
Justice: We honor each person's rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
Excellence: We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
Stewardship: We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES - Friendly - Available - Caring - Efficient - Safe
Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.