Goodman Jewish Family Services of Broward County, Florida is a non-profit social services agency serving the community since 1962. Goodman JFS provides a wide range of services that strengthen individuals and families and protects the vulnerable. Our work is guided by Jewish values to improve the quality of life in the Broward community.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for volunteer recruitment, training, supervision, and coordination of services. You will manage volunteer screening efforts, individual and group volunteers, and assist with volunteer stewardship and retention efforts.
- Interacting with many different types of groups including recruiting corporations, clubs, temples, synagogues, and organizations to become volunteers. Assisting with recruiting, screening, interviewing, and training of all new volunteers.
- Recruiting the monthly and annually required volunteer hours for the organization.
- Briefing and overseeing daily volunteer groups as well as regular/adjudicated volunteers.
- Preparing and distributing volunteer assignment documentation.
- Updating and keeping a record of all-volunteer logistics in the volunteer database system and running reports as needed for management review.
- Coordinating volunteer staffing needs with various department leaders.
- Facilitating training of staff and volunteers in the best practices of volunteer management.
- Maintaining volunteer case files, ensuring accuracy and completion of all files and records, including records within our volunteer management software system.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-4 years’ experience in volunteer coordination and/or similar, non-profit role.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Prior experience and familiarity with Volunteer Programs
· Flexible Schedule with weekends
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· An upbeat attitude, readiness to embrace diverse challenges, self-starter and an eagerness to learn
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Following all CDC guidelines during COVID 19
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Required)
- Volunteer management: 3 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative