Summary of Position:
Provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take beverage orders from guests.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the Restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Learns the names and personally recognize our regulars.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the register system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks, appetizers for bar patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas. -Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to restaurant manager.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor. -Be 21 years of age.
- Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least 2 years as a bartender.
- Possess knowledge of beer, wine and liquor tasting notes and willing to learn more.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work 40 hours per week.
- Dressed and ready to work 10 minutes before shift begins.