Senior Sprinkler Designer Needed for our Lebanon, NJ Location!
Oliver Fire Protection and Security is a successful, diversified, family owned business serving the fire protection community since 1957. Oliver Fire Protection and Security has a well distinguished history of fire protection within the Northeast. Our core values respect our employee’s worth and contributions, emphasize teamwork and offer opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Review contract drawings, specifications, and contract documents on all projects assigned to him/her.
- Prepare detailed working Fire Sprinkler Shop drawings in accordance with contract documents.
- Be familiar with latest codes, standards, materials and methods of design to assure cost effective designs.
- Design jobs in a timely manner to ensure that all the work is done on time and within the budget.
- Use standard symbols, locations of notes and details as adapted by the Design Department to assure consistency in all drawings.
- Prepare underground drawings, prior to interior sprinkler plans, to ensure timely purchase of materials and arrival of the installation crew at their job site.
- Update drawings and note revisions as they apply to each project to maintain current drawings.
- Attend job meetings as required to obtain pertinent design coordination information.
- Attend pre-design meetings.
- Coordinate work with the General Contractor in order to assure the most economical design.
- Ensure any changes which may incur additional costs or credits to the contract be reported to the project manager.
- Submit, in a timely manner, shop drawings, submittal data, etc. to proper authorities to obtain their approval.
- Design underground, interior systems, fire pumps, dry-pipe systems, & pre-action systems with little to no supervision.
- Assist in the training of associate designers.
- Communicate with Sales, Fabrication, Field and Project Managers as necessary.
- Perform on-site surveys.
- Perform and understand hydraulic calculations for all types of systems.
Oliver Fire Protection and Security offers a competitive compensation package including Salary and Comprehensive Benefits Package Including: Medical, Dental, Life, LTD, Profit Sharing Program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules