Full-timeEstimated: $37,000 - $53,000 a year
- Analysis skills
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Bachelor's degree
Full Job Description
FG – Design Consultant
The Design Consultant role is responsible for providing our guests with exceptional service by meeting their individual needs and expectations, as well as serving as a Frontgate Ambassador by promoting the philosophy and values of the brand. The person in this role will have the unique opportunity to connect with our guests in a more intimate way, by inspiring our guests with style and design knowledge, bringing Frontgate to life in their home. Equally as important are your relationships with the installers and contractors. You must coordinate with all parties so that the design process runs smoothly. This role will focus on creating a unique and exciting experience for our guests that will inspire them to creatively express themselves in their home and make it easy for them to discover products that best suit the way they live and entertain.
The Design Consultant will contribute to the store achieving its daily, monthly and annual sales and service goals. You will provide service throughout the store and Design Services area, meeting with guests and assisting with the selection of products for various projects. Developing strong relationships with the guests and their contractors and/or installers is vital to the successful completion of projects. You will build a design plan exceeding what the guests ask for, allowing for further business development.
Design Consultant Primary Responsibilities
- Understand the design industry and our Design Services (DS) business acumen.
- Coordinate needs and present solutions and alternatives to individual guests who are seeking design expertise. This encounter should culminate in sales growth within the market.
- Provide design expertise for scheduled appointments, for virtual appointments and during “on-demand” design time.
- Work closely with guests and contractors throughout the entire design process.
- Build guest loyalty through in-store programs including, but not limited to, Design Services, Frontgate private label credit card and community outreach programs.
- In partnership with the corporate retail team, facilitate the store presentation of the Frontgate swatch library, including swatch ordering, maintenance and organization.
- Provide viable solutions to elevate the overall guest experience while working with upholstery.
- Proactively identify and network with local organizations and businesses that would benefit from Design Services and provide them with marketing materials.
- Partner with the Design Services team to promote the Designer Trade program, ultimately driving business.
- Coordinate and host guest outreach events with the Guest Services team and design classes with the partnership of the corporate retail team.
- Work directly with the Assistant Store Manager of Sales to meet varying time requirements for all aspects of the Design Services program for the goal of an organized and efficient Design Services work flow.
- Support the retail store team in varied responsibilities, including (but not limited to)order entry, visual floorsets and merchandising, reinforcement of store maintenance and standards, and product training activities. Prioritize assisting guests in all areas to build and close a sale. Ensure that the guests are the primary focus and all non-selling tasks are secondary. The Guest is always our number one priority.
Achieve Sales and Profitability Targets
- Build positive working relationships with Store Management to clarify priorities and share business insights and best practices.
- Achieve and exceed store KPI goals, by ensuring the highest level of guest service and quality of sales.
- Maximize sales by assisting guests in the selection and purchase of merchandise while following all company policies and procedures.
- Assess store metrics to identify strengths and opportunities to maximize store results.
- Ensure that the guest is the primary focus, and all non-selling tasks are secondary.
- Provide a quick, efficient and professional checkout experience for our guests.
- College degree with focus on interior design preferred and/or equivalent job experience.
- Ideally, 2–5 years of experience in interior design, consultation and event planning.
- Design portfolio or clear examples of recent projects.
- Strong spatial planning skills.
- Basic drafting skills with the ability to read and interpret architectural plans and basic floor plans.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and POS systems.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple objectives simultaneously with various timelines.
- Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up and analytical skills.
- Broad knowledge of competitors and trends, colors and special planning.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 50 lbs., and climb ladders.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to continually smile and be genuinely friendly in an environment where guests are the priority