The MemSQL Professional Services Team is looking for a technical instructor that will deliver MemSQL training to new customers. This training will be delivered one week each month and will last four consecutive days. You will be responsible for explaining complex subjects to a variety of people with clarity, patience, and empathy. You will go to customer sites to deliver delivering technical courses ensuring they are able to understand and then master the technology.
You will need to achieve MemSQL certification as a MemSQL Certified Administrator and MemSQL Certified Developer (you will be compensated for your time doing this).
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver onsite training to a variety of technical audiences for MemSQL 6 Administrator and MemSQL 6 Developer courses
- Provide feedback regarding errata for slide decks, instructor demonstrations, and lab exercises for customer-facing training
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a technical instructor, sales engineer, professional services consultant, or equivalent technical position
- Strong knowledge and experience with enterprise database, data warehouse solutions, and distributed systems
- Linux administration skills, including Bash scripting
- Experience with Python, Java, GO, .NET, or other modern programming languages
- ANSI SQL programming competency, namely MySQL, PL/SQL, or T-SQL, primarily for DML and DDL
- Experience with ETL, reporting, dashboards, and business intelligence tools and solutions such as Informatica, Tableau, Looker, or Zoomdata
MemSQL is The No Limits Database, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture for maximum ingest and query performance with the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real time and every experience is optimized through data.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Seattle, WA and Portland OR, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies:
MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.