AMERICAN HEALTH ASSOCIATES, INC. is a premier clinical laboratory servicing over 3500 long-term care facilities. AHA is the fastest growing independent laboratory in the nation, currently offering services in FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MO, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, VA and WDC. By investing in technology and a skilled work force, we can offer a superior program focused on serving the long-term care industry.
AHA's Specimen Accessioner is responsible for one or more of the various duties listed below. These duties are necessary to support the overall functions of AHA’s Accessioning department and maintain quality customer service and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Enter patient demographic and test information accurately into the computer system
· Process and accession laboratory samples for in-house testing and reference lab testing
· Call critical results to the appropriate facility
· Set-up and prepare samples for testing and ensure that specimens are delivered to proper department for testing and placed on the instrument
· Must complete required annual training
· Complete procedures and work scheduled shift without interfering with the quality of work or the quality of patient care
· Needs to respond to changes in work schedule as necessary; continually use time to departmental advantage; perform well in emergency situations and aid other departments when necessary
· Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
· Must maintain a clean and safe working environment, wear the proper personal protective equipment, and practice and support safety in the workplace
· Ensure specimen stability and identify specimen errors and follow procedures to correct problems including proper documentation
· Ensure proper completion of all work
· Must support Laboratory goals, policies, procedures, and philosophy
· Prepares samples and paperwork to be sent to appropriate reference lab or AHA location
· Performs TIQ’s and UTO’s as necessary
· Scan requisitions, run missing requisition report, and follow-up
High School diploma or equivalent
Type minimum 40-wpm with minimal errors
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients, patients and/or visitors
Clinical Laboratory work experience preferred!
F/T employees receive paid time off (Sick, Vacation, and Holidays) and basic Life Insurance. They may also enroll in our voluntary programs: Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, and 401(k) Plans after a brief waiting period.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please submit your updated resume and give us a chance to learn more about you!
AMERICAN HEALTH ASSOCIATES IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
- Clinical Laboratory: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Must be able to type 40-wpm minimal errors
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible