In the Electronics business division, this role is responsible for for design, development, modifications, repair, and overall support of automated production test equipment and software in a high volume manufacturing environment.
Additional tasks include:
- Consulting and corresponding with manufacturing and design personnel on the status of test equipment and problems with test equipment operation to ensure all testing equipment remains operational and testing completion dates are maintained.
- Maintaining and supporting automated ICT (In-Circuit Test), EOL (End Of Line), Functional test, microcontroller programming, and final product label equipment for product manufacturing.
- Designing and modification of product testing software.
- Troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing test equipment in the event of failure.
- Tracking and monitoring yield and efficiency for responsible test equipment and implementing improvement measures.
- Planning and designing new test equipment and providing electrical schematics, test layouts, and complete documentation.
- Researching new test equipment and software needs for product testing and project planning.
- Quoting, ordering and tracking new equipment, components and software to ensure project advancement and completion is timely.
- Reviewing product design and product change notices for cost, feasibility, and capability of product testing on new and modified products.
- Making recommendations on product manufacturing test specification changes for continuous improvement.
- Reviewing new and modified customer specifications for correctness and impact on product performance and testing impact.
- Researching and assisting in developing test equipment and procedures according to customer standards for production and laboratory testing.
- Assisting in developing software for new and existing test equipment.
- Consulting on technical problems as related to product test equipment or procedures.
- Maintaining documentation pertaining to test equipment and software developed by HEC.
- Suggesting and implementing cycle time reduction improvements.
- Generating and evaluating equipment capability (CPK) and repeatability (Gauge R&R) data to ensure test measurement accuracy.
- Must complete the required training for the position (see Training Plan for Test Technology).
- Strive for continuous improvement in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum education requirement is a BSEE, or an Associate’s Degree with emphasis on electronics and five (5) years minimum related experience in working with laboratory and production test equipment and programming and repair of microprocessor-based test equipment.
- Knowledge of surface mount technology is required.
- Knowledge and experience with automated ICT (in-circuit testing) of printed circuit boards is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Agilent and/or Aeroflex IFR in-circuit testers is preferred.
- Must be proficient in DOS and Windows environments and in C or Visual Basic programming.
- Knowledge of LabWindows CVI and Labview is preferred.
- Must be familiar with operation and theory of typical analysis test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, multi meters, logic analyzers, a.s.o.
- Ability to design and construct electronic test equipment.
- Ability to review and understand internal, government and customer testing specifications.
- Ability to review with customers their specific product testing requirements for review and changes.
- Ability to understand the production processes and the applications of our products.
- Ability to write software to implement automated product testing.
- Ability to interact with all levels of company personnel to review discuss and resolve product testing issues.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, heights, and the external environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- programming & repair of microprocessor-based test equipmen: 5 years (Required)
- working with laboratory and production test equipment: 5 years (Required)