The Information Security Analyst is responsible for operations and administration of the organization’s enterprise security solutions and processes. The Information Security Analyst investigates and responds to enterprise security events and requests.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Administers and maintains security infrastructure / tool set. • Gathers and documents security requirements to support enterprise security initiatives. • Executes established information security management procedures (e.g., threat intelligence, metrics gathering, reporting, investigation) and produces quality deliverables. • Analyzes security alerts, incidents, and requests; identifies root cause; determines and executes appropriate steps for resolution. • Escalates security incidents/problems as required and monitors progress towards resolution until the incident/problem is closed/resolved. • Performs threat hunting using available security tools, indicators, and intelligence. • Builds, maintains, and manages strong relationships across internal and external teams to resolve problems and deliver information security services. • Ensures that information security assets are maintained and inventoried. • Drafts, reviews, and edits operating procedures and reports • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an information security role with progressive experience in operating, troubleshooting, designing, or implementing enterprise security solutions. (Required). • Experience operating at least two of the following: DNS based protections, email filtering and security, web proxies, anti-virus, threat hunting, or log review/investigation. (Required). • Bachelor’s degree in information security, computer science, information systems, or mathematics. • Information security certifications such as Global Information Assurance Certification (e.g., GSEC, GCIH, GCED), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or CompTIA Security+. • Experience with intrusion prevention systems (IPS), vulnerability scanning/management, system hardening, security standards, data loss prevention (DLP) solutions, and endpoint detection and response (EDR). • Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. • Prior experience with root cause analysis and security incident response. • Passion for customer service, problem solving, investigation, and information security. • Strong analytical abilities and investigation skills.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.