Posting Date Jul 02, 2018
Job Number 180019KC
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, Bethesda, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Business Analyst will function as an Infrastructure Delivery Project Management functional expert; engaging and providing subject matter expertise to Infrastructure’s PMO throughout the development, deployment, and on-going support of projects. (S)he will conduct business analyses and assist in the development of project management processes and iPMO reporting metrics.
Education and Experience Required:
- 3 years’ work experience with emphasis on project management or business analytics
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certifications
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Data analysis skills
- Experience in creating business presentations and communications documentation
- Good project management skills
- Strong technical skills/aptitude
- Experience in guiding and advising others
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Assists in the development of processes for Infrastructure’s PMO. Works with Infrastructure project managers and enterprise project management teams to analyze and define requirements and metrics for new processes or enhancements to processes.
- Acts as the primary subject matter expert on Infrastructure PMO processes and tools.
- Assists in training Infrastructure’s project managers on new processes and tools.
- Documents and manages project management process flows, requirements and guidelines.
- Develops project metrics and reporting to assist Infrastructure’s PMO and leadership in understanding performance of project delivery.
- Responds to requests from stakeholders for data and analysis related to portfolio, demand, quality, or project management.
- Completes special projects, as assigned, including ad hoc requests for information and analysis relative to the iPMO initiatives.
- Represents the iPMO as a participant on projects as appropriate.
- Implements best practices around descriptive analytics.
- Applies descriptive analytics to analyze data, validates assumptions, understands results and effectively communicates results.
- Manipulates raw data and understands the ultimate design required to meet business requests.
- Interprets data to recognize patterns and analyze trends.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Project Management Acumen – Knowledge of project management methodologies. Experience with data analysis and development of project metrics and reporting for executive leadership.
- Technical Acumen – Understanding of infrastructure concepts and technologies.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.