This is a full-time regular position that will be performed onsite at our office in Canonsburg, PA. We offer a full benefit package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long term disability, AD&D Insurance, and an employer-matching 401k.
Production coordinators play a vital role in VITAC’s real-time captioning department. Production coordinators are highly experienced editors and are responsible for the following job duties:
- Set up closed captioning for live TV networks.
- Ensure on-air continuity of captions for all shows being captioned.
- Research and transcribe scripted portions of programming.
- Use attention to detail to ensure that caption file is correct for live broadcast.
- Troubleshoot and resolve client issues to ensure continuity of closed captions.
- Partner with Realtime Captioners to set up/test/verify captions for their scheduled program.
- Assist clients and Captioners with various questions about connections, caption placement, etc.
- Candidate must be able to work variable shifts (including late evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Strong English grammar and proofreading skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Typing experience (moderate typing ability at 35 wpm)
- Ability to work effectively on independent task or work cooperatively as part of a team
- Experience with video equipment is helpful, but not required.
- Customer service/retail experience a plus
- Must successfully pass VITAC proficiency tests.
Job Type: Full-time
- Canonsburg, PA (Preferred)
- Graveyard (Required)
- Evening (Required)