Full Job Description
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get term life insurance. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally 15-week process into a modern digital experience for our users.
Our investors include Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed as Forbes' Top 50 Fintechs of 2020 ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebeling/2020/02/12/the-future-of-insurance-fintech-50-2020/#7e8ef93d21a3 ) as well as featured on VentureBeat for raising $60m in our series C funding ( https://venturebeat.com/2019/08/27/gv-leads-60-million-investment-in-ethos-for-data-driven-life-insurance/ ). We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter to take lead on high priority projects and drive them from analysis to execution. This role will put you in the middle of the action and require you to solve the most complex, interesting challenges of a rapidly-scaling startup. You will work cross-functionally to drive and enable the growth of the business, and have high visibility across the executive team.
This is a great role for someone who is interested in gaining experience in blitz-scaling a top startup and who has the leadership qualities to help build and manage a vital, growing team within the company. If you enjoy working in an environment that is fast-paced, analytically rigorous, mission-driven and impact-oriented, read on and get in touch!
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Apply business judgement and financial insights to drive decision making related to unit economics, customer acquisition, operations, core business expansion, and new opportunities
- Improve the speed and efficiency of our growth by collaborating with Product, Marketing, Operations, and Partnership teams
- Apply a data-driven analytical approach to influence decision making and support company leadership in evaluating strategic initiatives
- Help identify and implement new opportunities to grow Ethos
- Drive strategic analyses and special projects forward
- Develop and monitor critical performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders. Champion analytics across the company
- Prepare board materials and support executive team on fundraising efforts
- Oversee business performance reporting and scale best practices across the organization
- 4+ years of experience in business operations, strategy, investing, investment banking, consulting, or other analytically-intensive roles at either well-established firms or high-growth tech startups
- Ability to flex between high-level strategic thinking and deep-dive analytical problem solving
- Agile self-starter with desire to own and be accountable for projects from Day 1
- Excellent communication skills and effective cross-functional collaborator
- Exceptional attention to detail and elite modeling skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible work environments
- Stellar academic record from top college or MBA
- SQL knowledge
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.